Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

yeah I hate that "dip" in the dome on my original casting. I keep saying some day I'll pursue having it remade. It would improve the casting greatly!!!! I'm sure Leigh will knock his out of the park!!!

this threads been going longer than ive been visiting this site and it is outstanding to see you strive to perfection when 97% of people would have called it finished a long time ago

I'm truly humbled by this thread. It's a testament to your passion and perfection. You represent everything that the RPF stands for. Kudos to you. I keep seeing updates...wondering when the molding process will begin, and then you see an imperfection and correct it. That my friends - is determination.

Keep up the updates...and know that you have a cult following here...kudos once again...

WOW! Thanks for all the kind words folks :)

Clutch: Dont smash anything up!! :)
I dont think my dome (when its made) will fit anything else, well I'd be very supprised if it did :) however I guess a new dome could be made for the other heads without the dip :confused maybe :)

I've been busy here n there, I've changed a couple of bits & I need your opinion's if possible before I move on :)

As I've dropped the height of the neck at the rear & to help the leaning forward pose I've added some wrinkles to his neck. I think they look OK but I'm not 100% sure on the shape of them :confused
What do you think:
517.jpg

518.jpg

I guess the bit I'm not too sure about would be the way the wrinkles turn downward at the ends near the tube?

& I've also remade his lower throat again to more resemble how Giger originally sculpted it rather than how it was towards the end of the film.

I would'nt mind your views on this aswell :)
519.jpg

520.jpg

Theres a couple of other MINOR :) mods I want to make & then I can start with the smoothing & texturing etc :)

Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Thanks Too Much Garlic :)

I thought I'd better post a couple more pics from a different angle before I commit to any changes :)
521.jpg

522.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Totally awesome detail study dude, and I continue to admire your improvements as you go along....but that said....I have no real need for a bust like this, heck I'm not even sure I'd have the have the room for it...

Yea...Who am I kidding?:lol
I need, ahem...'want' this, and will make room for it assuming of course you go that route!:love

David

At this point you must be talking to your sculpt like it's a member of the family. Lol. Awesome work Leigh (must be sick of hearing that by now) but when will just admit that your also working on that full body suit in the back room!

I keep looking around the house trying to figure out where I could put such a giant beast. Too wide for my normal shelves.

Gotta figure something out...

Nick

Hell, I will put a damn extension on the house to fit this!! Been lurking on this thread for quite a while, and I have to say (like all others here...) that I am in complete AWE of this piece.

Bring on the JY thread!! :)

Thanks for all the support Guy's :)

Ok, I'm quite pleased with myself today :D
I wasn't happy with the horse shoe shaped pipe on his throat or the two pipes that run either side of his neck, they're not right.

So I set about making my own since I cant seem to find convoluted pipe with the right shaped ribs in the right sort of diameter.

I started with a chromed metal pipe (an offcut from an Ikea part :)), I then took some household electrical wire, cut it, shaped it & glued it in place.
A bit of air dry clay in the gaps & a coat of black paint to finish it off. I then made a plaster mould & cast it in Latex, I cast in some coaxial cable for support & I can pre-pose it a bit prior fitting :D

I'm pleased with the result :) it didn't take long & it should look alot more accurate :)
523.jpg

524.jpg

:)

Last edited:
I'm in awe of your work Leigh, absolutely outstanding :eek

The only thing that bothers me is I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that silicone and latex do not get on (the latex prevents the silicone from curing I think). I just thought it might be an idea to check.

The only thing that bothers me is I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that silicone and latex do not get on (the latex prevents the silicone from curing I think). I just thought it might be an idea to check.

OOH good point! Thanks for pointing that out (y))
I had planned on painting it all with oil based paint prior to moulding in an effort to keep some consistency of finish.
Hopefully a couple of layers of acrylic over the Latex followed by a coat of oil based will isolate the Latex?? :confused
Opinions???

Yes, you are correct. You shouldn't even wear latex gloves when moulding in silicone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back