Blastech A310 Rifle

DARK HORIZON

I am certain that many of you like myself have customized the Cassian Andor Nerf blaster, which is a replica of the Blastech A280-CFE as seen in Battlefront and Rogue One. Also in Rogue One is the Blastech A310, which is the sniper variant with the barrel shroud.

I was curious if anyone had attempted to build that gun using the Sig Sauer MCX air rifle, which is a very close resemblance to the on screen weapon? I own one, and have included pics below for reference.

It is a heavy rifle, weighing 9.8 pounds, and all that would really need to be done to it is to add a .308 polymer magazine under the rail next to the existing mag well. I have compared the guns from the OT and R1, and found that most of them were black. Only in R1 do we see Rebel weapons with that metallic gunmetal or silver color scheme to them.

Let me know what you all think about this. FB_IMG_1536806937913.jpg201911271574839285235.jpg20170305_173225.jpg20200630_090200.jpg

Last edited:
Coming from a “real steel” user, that actually looks really cool!

It's set up like my real steel stuff is. Last year I used the Cassian Andor Nerf gun for a Halloween cosplay, but it's just too fragile for anything other than still images.

The MCX will send pellets downrange at 700 fps, and I could edit in blaster effects on my laptop or phone. The on screen props were non-blowback, modified airsoft rifles.

Use what the prop dept. used...an AR15 variant, not the Sig Sauer
The real steel Sig MCX is an AR-15 variant. The airgun mag well is designed after the Sig MPX which is a pistol caliber. They incorporated that design based on the use of the feeding system for the pellets.

The stock on the MCX airgun is designed to look like the folding stock, while being able to accommodate the 90 gram CO2 tank. Sig has changed the new MCX airgun which will be revealed next year.

I'm already working on a rounded grip that will use the existing Keymod rail, while removing the vertical grip on the bottom rail. I'm looking for a toy gun that I can take a Dremel and cut off the mag well and mount it in front of the Sig mag well.

Once I get that done, I will add the greeblies to the receiver.

Nope...not a Sig
Dude I know that isn't a Sig, it's an airsoft gun. That's also the A280-CFE. The A310 has a ported barrel shroud, and does resemble the Sig MCX design.

For those of you interested in this topic who have zero experience with guns, All AR receivers are designed nearly identical, with only minor variations between companies. An example would be that some receivers do not have an ejection port dust cover, while most do.

There are also minor variations in the physical design, as some things are proprietary to certain manufacturers. The AR receivers used in R1 for the hero guns are all airsoft guns, with some of them being AEGs, and others like Jyn's being gas blowback.

The armorers also utilized LEDs in the barrels of some guns, which were connected to the triggers. This was done to give the post production team a point of reference to add in blaster effects during the editing process.

What I'm attempting to do here is simply modify this gun because it's a far better solution than buying the cheap Nerf guns, or being ripped off by someone who is selling a molded or printed prop that doesn't do anything.

Last edited:
I don’t think using the SIG that you already own is a bad idea, but the R1 rifles definitely look more like standard Colt style AR-15 receivers. I have some decent pictures of a cast version of the rifle from the Launch Bay at DHS if you’re interested in me posting them.

I don’t think using the SIG that you already own is a bad idea, but the R1 rifles definitely look more like standard Colt style AR-15 receivers. I have some decent pictures of a cast version of the rifle from the Launch Bay at DHS if you’re interested in me posting them.
Hey I really appreciate that, however I already have copies of those, as well as pics and videos from someone involved in the film. I just wanted a functional prop to use for my training group.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back