Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

I’ve been watching your production for a almost as long as you’ve been at it, and I just wanted to congratulate you on the amazing and inspiring work. You have shown that anything’s possible when you’re determined and creative, no matter where you live. You’re my heroes!

Just went through the whole thread, what a ride!! Sorry I missed the fundraiser but have been not been visiting as much as I used to. Can't wait to see more.......

Heeeeeeeeeeey guys!
Thank you all for the nice comments!

Just wanted to post the new diary from our latest trip to USA. We went there for the LA shorts film festival where we ended up winning the best SCI-FI award which is pretty cool!
While in LA I managed to get in touch with some AMAZING people who invited us to their studios or homes: Alec Gillis from Studio ADI, model maker Bill George, and even the legendary Skotak brothers. Totally mindblowing stuff! We heard awesome stories and saw some beautiful pieces of movie history at their studios. Unfortunately we couldn't film our evening with the Skotaks, but you can see the segments with Alec and Bill in the doc:

Slice also won the best VFX award at the SciFi Film Festival in Sydney, and will be shown at these festivals in the next couple of months (perhaps somebody is close):

Sitges Film Festival, Spain
Sapporo International Short Film Festival , Japan
Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest , Germany
Show Me Shorts Film Festival, New Zealand

That's the updates for now!
Talk soooooon!

(P.S. Do these laurels look cool or what, haahha :lol: :lol: :lol:)

laurels kick.jpg

HELLO GUYS!!!!!!!!

I'm back with a new update, and it's the one we've all been waiting for the last five years!
THE FILM IS FINISHED AND I CAN FINALLY SHOW IT TO YOU GUYS! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

In recent months we've also been filming some making-of documentaries that we promised to backers on Kickstarter, and we wanted to finish it all in time to send out for Christmas.

I made the first ever post about the film here on RPF five years ago, and I wanna thank you guys for following the whole process. It was a huge school for us and we learned a great deal about many aspects of filmmaking! Thank you all for your support!

OK here we go:

"SLICE OF LIFE" ----- director's cut version of the movie as it was always meant to be seen!

“SLICE OF LIFE: Filmmakers in Flying Cars Drinking Beer” ----- as the title suggests, in this unprecedented 30-minute documentary, filmmakers are drinking beer in a flying car and reminiscent on the wonderful days of production of "Slice of Life"!

“SLICE OF LIFE: The Magic of Miniatures” ----- an in-depth demonstration of the process we used to create the world of "Slice of Life". Find out how we built the buildings, filmed them in passes and composited the final shot in post-production. Only for hard core enthusiasts!

"SLICE OF LIFE: ORIGINAL SCORE" ----- those soothing, sweet sounds of "Slice of Life" await to be heard on the following link:

Slice Of Life (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), by Tim Zibrat - Music'Sound

“SLICE OF LIFE: Behind the Music” ----- usually when you listen to music, you are in front of it. Well, here we go BEHIND it! Composer Tim Žibrat takes you on the magical journey of colorful sounds, samples and themes that make the music of "Slice of Life"! Check it out on the following link:

“SLICE OF LIFE: A Short Making Of Documentary” ----- a comprehensive 20-minute “making of” documentary compilation of the best moments from the Production Diaries, in case you wanted to show someone how “Slice of Life” was made and don’t have a few hours to spare. Check it out on the following link:

I hope you will enjoy the film and documentaries, and I'll see you in the new year!!
Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Luka

holy.jpg

Last edited:
I have never watched Blade Runner, so I can't comment on that kind of thing, but the visuals are OUTSTANDING. I am a professional VFX artist, and I'm super impressed. I do CGI for a living, but I LOOOVEEE miniature effects. It was such a pleasure to see them in their final form. So beautiful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back