Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

HMSwolfe

Sr Member
Didn’t realize ‘til today that the makers of the Slice of Life short film were on the RPF, figured a shout-out here would be more likely to reach them…what an inspiration. Your film looks astounding. I keep saying that this is what independent filmmakers should be doing nowadays, is revitalizing practical effects technology as it’s so much more accessible and affordable now. Really, congrats.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JamesM242

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That being said, we did ship your making of book and bluray this week so hopefully you should get it in a week or two. Just 50 more parcels to go and we're done! Thanks for the patience man!
LukaFilm - the package arrived last week! Absolutely fantastic! I just finished reading the making of book and am going to spend the day watching all of the production diaries. You guys rock! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next!!

Sharpshooter55

Ok, ok, last question and I'll leave you alone forever.

For the CNC cut buildings...what is the black adhesive/compound you used for the joints/seems? I've been trying to fill my gaps with silicone and am searching for a better option.

Thanks!

LukaFilm

Sr Member
Ok, ok, last question and I'll leave you alone forever.

For the CNC cut buildings...what is the black adhesive/compound you used for the joints/seems? I've been trying to fill my gaps with silicone and am searching for a better option.

Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't see the question until now!
The black goo wasn't the glue.. I first glued the sides with a hot glue gun. The black thing was only the paint that was supposed to stop light from leaking through the transparent glue..
Probably not the best way to do it, but the best idea I had at that point. :D

Michael Bergeron

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not sure how it took me this long to finally discover this, but just have to echo what others have said. Watched your film and loved every second of it! The heart and soul of Blade Runner is here and the amount of blood sweat and tears you guys put into it shows in every frame.

Beautiful beautiful work. You guys should be SO proud!

JediMichael

Master Member
I'm not sure how it took me this long to finally discover this, but just have to echo what others have said. Watched your film and loved every second of it! The heart and soul of Blade Runner is here and the amount of blood sweat and tears you guys put into it shows in every frame.

Beautiful beautiful work. You guys should be SO proud!
Busy doing other stuff, right? So now you have to go back and read through all 48 pages.
I've done that with some projects I found later on....maybe not read every page, but at least scroll through the pages.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.