Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Didn’t realize ‘til today that the makers of the Slice of Life short film were on the RPF, figured a shout-out here would be more likely to reach them…what an inspiration. Your film looks astounding. I keep saying that this is what independent filmmakers should be doing nowadays, is revitalizing practical effects technology as it’s so much more accessible and affordable now. Really, congrats.

That being said, we did ship your making of book and bluray this week so hopefully you should get it in a week or two. Just 50 more parcels to go and we're done! Thanks for the patience man!
LukaFilm - the package arrived last week! Absolutely fantastic! I just finished reading the making of book and am going to spend the day watching all of the production diaries. You guys rock! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next!!

Ok, ok, last question and I'll leave you alone forever.

For the CNC cut buildings...what is the black adhesive/compound you used for the joints/seems? I've been trying to fill my gaps with silicone and am searching for a better option.

Thanks!

Ok, ok, last question and I'll leave you alone forever.

For the CNC cut buildings...what is the black adhesive/compound you used for the joints/seems? I've been trying to fill my gaps with silicone and am searching for a better option.

Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't see the question until now!
The black goo wasn't the glue.. I first glued the sides with a hot glue gun. The black thing was only the paint that was supposed to stop light from leaking through the transparent glue..
Probably not the best way to do it, but the best idea I had at that point. :D

I'm not sure how it took me this long to finally discover this, but just have to echo what others have said. Watched your film and loved every second of it! The heart and soul of Blade Runner is here and the amount of blood sweat and tears you guys put into it shows in every frame.

Beautiful beautiful work. You guys should be SO proud!

I'm not sure how it took me this long to finally discover this, but just have to echo what others have said. Watched your film and loved every second of it! The heart and soul of Blade Runner is here and the amount of blood sweat and tears you guys put into it shows in every frame.

Beautiful beautiful work. You guys should be SO proud!
Busy doing other stuff, right? So now you have to go back and read through all 48 pages.
I've done that with some projects I found later on....maybe not read every page, but at least scroll through the pages.

LukaFilm- apologies for bringing the thread up again. I am doing some research into the Tyrell Pyramid close up section and started CAD drawing of the Blimp antennae photoetch at half-scale since it was used in the detailing on spinner landing area . I remembered that you had also done it at half scale and on 0.3 mm brass. Can I ask what was the minimum tolerance of the lines you used?. I was using 0.5mm but the smaller/ lighter lines look a bit heavy at that.

Last edited:
Pyramidrep
Hey, no worries at all! Sounds like an AWESOME project!
I can't remember the exact specs, but I got it made by a company PPD Ltd. I remember they had a pdf with all the specs on how to prepare the vector file. I think you will be able to get all the info from their website: The Process

Hope that helps! ;)

I just found this amazing thread by clicking on a random picture of the featured images ... and boy am I glad I did, I just had to read through all the pages, watched some diary video's and finally enjoyed all the work involved in creating this short film ... see post #1 for the direct link to the film.
Lovely to see all these old skool skills come to life once more. Not to mention the building of all these magnificent buildings, ships and props. I love this next shot :

Slice of Life Behind the scenes.png

And so I had to bump this thread ... and I'm looking forward to a full feature film in the near future ... well done LukaFilm !!!

Chaïm

P.S. Nice to see Sandrino pop in to assist you guys ... give him my regards :)

I know you don't check on here as much, so quoting you just so you hopfully see this.
But last week my parents were on a cruise in the Mediterranean and they stopped at a bunchnof places, Croatia being one of them.
My Mom got me this coffee hoping it might be actual Croatia coffee.
The only thing I can read of the back says its from Nestle. Just wanted to see what you would say about it.
Just about to try some.
20220904_194202.jpg
20220904_194155.jpg

JediMichael
Hey!
Haha, I must admit I've never seen this type of coffee in my life. It's not Croatian, the alphabet is Greek.
Yes! A quick google search revealed the name of the coffee is Loumidis. Seems like a popular Greek coffee.

Well, this time your mom brought back a piece of Greece, but if she'll get the chance to visit the Mediterranean again tell her to look for this one: Jubilarna

That's the most famous Croatian coffee.
Cheers :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back