Blade Runner PKD Detective Special - RACprops

Thanks for the information. I will have to consider my options and decide how I want to replace it. Where did you get the model for the 3D printed one? I have access to a printer here if it's available somewhere for download. If the kits are $600, it may make sense for me to just wait until I can get a Tomenosuke that's already built, and use a 3D printed one in the meantime. I'm just a little intimidated by RAC's kit build... Lot of money to mess up, and while I've built and finished plenty of models, none were metal, hehe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't make the 3D printed one, brought it, there was a thread here: http://www.therpf.com/f75/3d-printed-blade-runner-gun-kit-209782/

I dont know if he's still offering them, also on mine i replaced the Receiver with a spare Coyle one i got off ebay (i think it was meant for the offworld gun)
yeh the kit version really is a bit of a handful, especially if you have no experience with metal like me, I got there in the end but more through dumb luck than anything lol, if i was to build another i know id make it way better and easier.

just so you know though mate, the Tomensouke's are already sold out I believe, they went in like a day again theres an thread about them on the forums here :)

just so you know though mate, the Tomensouke's are already sold out I believe, they went in like a day again theres an thread about them on the forums here :)

I have been communicating with Hollywood Collectibles Group, and they have me one reserved on their 8Pay system (didn't even know about that!), and they promise one is allocated. Just FYI in case there are others still wanting to put an order in; it seems as if they still have some.

Thanks again for all the great info!

Great work Andy...very nice...I have very clear build photos in my threads for anyone who is tackling one of these feel free to ask me any questions... I'm in contact with Rich often and I have built many of these kits...the wiring diagram would be VERY helpful...I still fumble with it even after building about 6 of these kits now....can't wait for the Tomenosuke kit to arrive...

Wow,the new addition of the real looking .222 bullet is outstanding. The Coyle blaster is now complete. Better drink more water so I don't dehydrate drooling over the pics.

Soooo, i was watching Blade Runner while working on my Proton pack, and i couldn't get away how much darker the blaster looked in the film, certainly a lot darker and 'bluer' than mine did, so i decided to bite the bullet and have a go at Blueing the metal

15001787178_1de79ff403_b.jpg

15188362765_7ec8b691d6_b.jpg

Before

15001587649_2b15c5a7b9_b.jpg

After

15188363775_7512d0137b_b.jpg

Before

15165339746_72ff2ee957_b.jpg

After

15188366165_ee3ba63dfa_b.jpg

In the Bath

15185340101_0a92d9cbbd_b.jpg

15188368085_92389ac381_b.jpg

15165340696_1984db2fe6_b.jpg

So thats where we are now, the metal of the barrel wouldn't take the blue, instead seemed to 'rust' but a bit of wire wool cleared it away easily enough, I feel the gun seems a lot more aged and less 'clean' now, though id have preferred a more even coating on the receiver, but i think this marries up a lot closer tot he gun as its seen in the film as opposed to how it was seen at Worldcon, ill leave it for now and see how i feel about it after a while, i can always remove the blue with some white vinegar and wire wool if i decide :)

Till next time

I guess my point was how do you fill the nicks and pits on a pewter kit if you want to either blue it or polish it? Melt new pewter and add it in?

I guess my point was how do you fill the nicks and pits on a pewter kit if you want to either blue it or polish it? Melt new pewter and add it in?

I don't know If that Is possible. If It Is I would like to know. best I know you sand them out with deferring grits of wet dry sand paper..

Few more pictures, what i decided to do was attack the blue with just a little bit of T-cut to even it out and butt it a bit, and actually came out ok, I think its pretty close approximation to the look i want, part way between whats seen on screen and the worldcon gun

15006678949_66e15c3c65_b.jpg

15190426541_c6e0a74d2e_b.jpg

15006887898_dc818897dd_b.jpg

15006680419_0ffbedd784_b.jpg

tap sizes.
2/56, 3/48, 4/40, 6/40, 8/32, 10/32

OK I've got these now. This build is probably the only time I'll ever use them as everything here is metric. Also finally managed to get hold of some Jax Pewter Black though it wasn't cheap with shipping from the US. I imagine a little goes a long way.

Still need to buy some small imperial Allen keys.

OK I've got these now. This build is probably the only time I'll ever use them as everything here is metric. Also finally managed to get hold of some Jax Pewter Black though it wasn't cheap with shipping from the US. I imagine a little goes a long way.

Still need to buy some small imperial Allen keys.

glad to hear that Peter. I still need to order a few taps I can't find In the city. I have too now tho. finely getting my hands on some clear grips for my second kit. oh yea...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back