Blade Runner Inspired Office Build: Deckard's Apartment

That’s really beautiful!
Thanks! I hope it turns out ok.

Quick side story, I've been playing around with these little NCF tag stickers that I bought from amazon.
1692994835317.png

They're stupid cheap and you can use them to do all kinds of things.
I know this is SUPER nerdy but I've been hiding these things all over my office; on, near, or under various items, photos, and props.
The office is turning into somewhat of an interactive tour haha! If you tap the sheet music on the piano, the sound system plays the Love Theme, and you can hear the ghostly echo of Rachel playing Deckard's grand.

If you tap the JW whiskey bottle, you get some melancholy synth jazz ala 'Blade Runner Blues' along with the sounds of rain, thunder in the distance, and the occasional spinner flying overhead.

Tap the control panel and you get the elevator lift sequence.

Tap the photo of Rachel as a child with her mother and you get the "hundred baby spiders" speech along with "Memories of Green"

It's becoming a whole mood! haha

This certainly adds a brilliant interactive layer to your office! Any excuse to reminisce to “Memories of Green…” In these parts, nerdy = genius. :love:

This certainly adds a brilliant interactive layer to your office! Any excuse to reminisce to “Memories of Green…” In these parts, nerdy = genius. :love:
Yes! I'm having a blast with these little things.

I made a new one last night.
Tap the origami unicorn and you hear an echoey "Too bad she won't live.... but then again who does?" and it fades into the end title score. So fun.
IMG_9411.jpeg

I need more ideas! I welcome any suggestions for automations/sound triggers.

Last edited:
Beautiful transformations and great results :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy: ...what's missing now is a Bonsai;) A little greenery couldn't hurt.
Got one!
To steal Nick Daring's joke.

"It's artificial?"

"Of course it is.."

"must be expensive."

"NOT very... I'm Rachel" :lol: :lol:

For $50 this was the most realistic and properly sized one I could find and overall I'm very happy with it. The pot is cheap and inaccurate so I found a nicer one with the correct shape. Once it arrives, I'll repot it and clean it up.
IMG_9402.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a video demonstration of the NFC tags.

And here's what happens when you tap the whiskey glass. You can hear the rain and thunder (and occasional spinner) "outside". The effect is pretty neat in person. The rain starts trickling in about half way through. The speaker system is hidden in the ceiling tiles so it's a very ambient sound.

Last edited:
Yes! I'm having a blast with these little things.

I made a new one last night.
Tap the origami unicorn and you hear an echoey "Too bad she won't live.... but then again who does?" and it fades into the end title score. So fun.
View attachment 1732689

I need more ideas! I welcome any suggestions for automations/sound triggers.
Where did you manage to find the folding instruction for this unicorn? Everyo ne I have tried is not close to accurate. short thick neck, wrong body angle etc.

Here's a video demonstration of the NFC tags.

And here's what happens when you tap the whiskey glass. You can hear the rain and thunder (and occasional spinner) "outside". The effect is pretty neat in person. The rain starts trickling in about half way through. The speaker system is hidden in the ceiling tiles so it's a very ambient sound.
Reminds me of that BR9732 demo game from a few years back, where you could go through Deckard's apartment and interact with objects that had audio recordings. Very cool idea!

Now the question is, with all these awesome distractions all around your office, how are you going to get any work done?

Trooper_trent - outstanding ambiance! So just to wrap my ahead around this: the NFC tags activate an audio file on your phone, which is blue-toothed to ceiling-tile speaker system. Is that correct?
NFC tags can be written to and/or read with small bits of information and they don't take batteries so they last forever. The phone has a built in reader. that's it. After that, it's just chaining together different aspects to get it to do what I want. I can have alexa play sounds, run various smart devices (plugs, lights, the blinds, switches, etc) and chain them together into various "routines" with the NFC tag being the trigger to run the routine.

So yeah it can just play a sound, but I also have one that turns the whole office on and starts the ambient sounds, one that resets everything back to "daylight mode", one that only turns on the accent lamps, one that plays spotify, etc. They're pretty handy and super cheap.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back