Blade Runner Inspired Office Build: Deckard's Apartment

Yes, it's official; you have the first replica of those famous screens. Kudo for the research and all of the details you've amassed over the years/months. I always wanted to do that set as a man cave also. For all of us, Blade Runner fans, you're an inspiration:love::cool::cool:(y)(y)

Yes, it's official; you have the first replica of those famous screens. Kudo for the research and all of the details you've amassed over the years/months. I always wanted to do that set as a man cave also. For all of us, Blade Runner fans, you're an inspiration:love::cool::cool:(y)(y)
not yet! I still have that other [hard as hell to find] Braun clock on its way, so it's only 99% complete as of now. :lol:

I could not agree more, this build is everything!
Kudos to you sir, you are living my dream...damn, does that mean I am a replicant?

EPIC. The room is just epic.
I can feel the ambiance you described with the sounds , lights , and music.

I was just watching some bonus material from the collectors edition last weekend and i swear that prop was referenced. Can’t find it now so maybe I dreamed it…..

If your not going to yet I will. Going to go ahead and toast to your build with some Johnie Walker black tonight.
Congrats!

EPIC. The room is just epic.
I can feel the ambiance you described with the sounds , lights , and music.

I was just watching some bonus material from the collectors edition last weekend and i swear that prop was referenced. Can’t find it now so maybe I dreamed it…..

If your not going to yet I will. Going to go ahead and toast to your build with some Johnie Walker black tonight.
Congrats!
Oh wow! If you happen to find it, PLEASE let me know. It shows up front and center in the opening shot of the Dangerous Days documentary from the Final Cut blue ray. But other than that I don't ever recall any attention ever being shown to it. I would LOVE to see it.

And thanks for the toast of encouragement! haha Cheers!

What are the approx dimensions of your office? On a side note: now that you’re updating your space to reflect your collection, is the LAPD giving you a promotion from Trooper to Detective? LOL
Haha, I was quit when I came in here, and I'm twice as quit now.

It's roughly 10'x11' but it's not square. The door is on an angled 5th wall so the east wall is shorter than the west wall.
1672784861410.png

Quick post.
For the window, I removed the wood shutters that I had in my office, as I wanted something more futuristic that fit the aesthetic, and I also wanted them motorized and connected to Alexa so I could automate them.
In my head I was going for the feeling of the "It's too bright in here" scene where the window slowly tints from the top down.
tumblr_ovoaj13xvv1qhcdpbo2_r1_500.gif

I found something called "zebra" blinds that I had never seen before, and ordered some on amazon. This style of roller shade produces a cool effect when opening and closing as the stripes overlap each other. And the benefit to these is that you can role them all the way up, or all the way down, but you can also just offset the stripes to let in however much light you want without opening them up all the way.

I installed these before I did the soffit, because the frame of the soffit actually hangs down an inch or 2 lower than the top of my window. It actually worked perfectly because the blinds housing is recessed up into the space behind the soffit and completely hidden.
IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

They're also solar powered so I never have to charge the batteries or run a wire anywhere to plug them in.

End result (I'm still planning to paint the side walls of the window black to decrease the light coming through)

IMG_8150.gif

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back