Blade Runner concept sketchbook surfaces online

Lutso

Sr Member
Check out the full article here.

This is an incredible resource. Now it is fully viewable online.

And yes, there are concepts of the gun in there :love

Last edited:
I've had a hard copy of this for years, and I love to flip through it. Syd Mead is one amazing craftsman. I appreciate the other work, but for me Syd Mead is a huge part of Blade Runner. It just would not have been the same film without his work.

On page 14 the Spinner has a gun mounted on the upper rear. That gun was actually built then removed for filming. I know the guy that built it. Years later it was used on the Star Trek Scorpion vehicle.

Thats funny. A couple weeks back, I took the new over to a friend of mine since he hadn't seen it. He reached over to his book shelf and pulled out that sketchbook.

Out of Print Blade Runner Sketchbook up online

Hey Folks...
Not exactly sure where to put this one so I put it here. Please feel free to move it if necessary.

I came across the long out of print Blade Runner Sketchbook from 1982 on line. Interesting to look through if you're a fan. You can find it here.

Blade Runner Sketchbook (1982)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back