Blade Runner 2049 Luv's Blaster

Sorry guys. Not much movement on this kit since the last post - have a few days off coming up and am looking forward to some time on this.

Hi white43, about the colours - thanks for sharing your ideas. I was expecting to have to experiment to get that blue right and will now check out your suggestion. As far as the barrel goes, I was thinking more of a steel rather than silver such as Vallejo 71.065 (might be too dark but this is where I'll start and lighten up if I have to, and for the internals they look pretty dark to me so expecting to use a black base with a faint/transparent coat over the top (and might use a gunmetal as you suggest for this) - or could switch it around with a metal base and black trans. over the top.

Im repainting mine with enamels, I just got these Colors and will make some tests and get back.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 19.17.45.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 19.17.45.png
    3 MB · Views: 144
Here's mine, as an additional reference (though I just eyeballed the look from the film and from what limited material I could find online). It's also the excellent resin kit from Tip Top Workshop.

The whole gun was given a satin black basecoat. Then I airbrushed the lighter metal parts with a 50/50 mix of Steel and Gunmetal from the AK Interactive Xtreme Metal range. The darker internals and the front of the barrels were airbrushed with a mix of Gunmetal and Black Base from the same range, given a black oil wash, and then subtly highlighted with silver Rub'n'Buff.

The handle and trigger housing etc. were airbrushed with a bespoke mix of Vallejo acrylics - mostly White, Neutral Grey and Pastel Green with a touch of Light Sea Blue. These colours were mixed by eye and tested on scrap plastic until I had something that looked right, so the exact ratio is a mystery, I'm afraid! I made sure to mix up enough for two coats and enough left over for touch ups! The black inserts were hand painted in with satin black. The metal parts were then masked and the painted parts given three good coats of Rustoleum Crystal Clear to give them a nice wet shine.

The final touch was touching in the LEDs on each side with transparent red and gloss varnish.

IMG_5832.JPG. IMG_5836.JPG. IMG_5839.JPG

Hi,
I think this blaster is going to be my next project.

Thanks for the pictures, it can help.

Do you know how this gun reloads?
Which parts must be movable?

Hi,
I think this blaster is going to be my next project.

Thanks for the pictures, it can help.

Do you know how this gun reloads?
Which parts must be movable?
No parts are movable as all parts are all resin you glue together. There are no space either for LEDs. I hope there will be a kit some day though ☺️

It looks (certainly in the last pics) that it's either:
a/ A breaking, forward tilting hinge forward of the trigger guard similar to a trad shotgun, so it holds two cartridges (one in each barrel).
or
b/ The lower barrel isn't a barrel, but a tube mag and the cartridges are loaded back, up and forward. In that case it would maybe hold 3 in the tube and one in the barrel?
Or it could be a non-traditional design that makes all of that irrelevant. :)

It looks (certainly in the last pics) that it's either:
a/ A breaking, forward tilting hinge forward of the trigger guard similar to a trad shotgun, so it holds two cartridges (one in each barrel).
or
b/ The lower barrel isn't a barrel, but a tube mag and the cartridges are loaded back, up and forward. In that case it would maybe hold 3 in the tube and one in the barrel?
Or it could be a non-traditional design that makes all of that irrelevant. :)
haha, well that is for the prop department to know only I guess :p

I'm going to aim for these sorts of colours. There's a lot of tricky paintwork here!

for ease, do we think it's better to the top parts all silver, mask off and do the internal black parts, or vice versa? Probably easier to spray all black, mask off the internals and then apply silver?

Attachments

• 33945135_1773911476023342_5507726658636873728_n.jpg
    33945135_1773911476023342_5507726658636873728_n.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 34138173_10155786495544480_5060918058327998464_n.jpg
    34138173_10155786495544480_5060918058327998464_n.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 167
I'm going to aim for these sorts of colours. There's a lot of tricky paintwork here!

for ease, do we think it's better to the top parts all silver, mask off and do the internal black parts, or vice versa? Probably easier to spray all black, mask off the internals and then apply silver?
Where are these pics from? :)

As I see it, there is no silver or metallic in the blue paint, more a matt paint with a gloss varnish.

Attachments

• adamsavage luv.jpg
    adamsavage luv.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 23722287_1548106058603886_2925285883430041560_n.jpg
    23722287_1548106058603886_2925285883430041560_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 20191117_142100.jpg
    20191117_142100.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 178
Where are these pics from? :)

As I see it, there is no silver or metallic in the blue paint, more a matt paint with a gloss varnish.

I honestly can't remember. I was an avid fan 3 years ago, but in true ADHD style I lost interest almost overnight and have only returned now. Not sure where I dug them up from.

I don't mean the blue bits, just the tops bits.

I honestly can't remember. I was an avid fan 3 years ago, but in true ADHD style I lost interest almost overnight and have only returned now. Not sure where I dug them up from.

I don't mean the blue bits, just the tops bits.
I painted mine black first and then added the colors. I will finish with two varnishes, clear for the metal parts and gloss for the blue parts and then rub it down so its a bit worn.

rgriesbeck also has a kit for sale here. It’s pretty good but it’s a 3D print and requires a fair amount of prep work to smoothen the parts.

Never really thought about this blaster before, but seeing it here has made me kind of fall in love with it. So TipTop Workshop just got my money! Thanks Don B!

Simon, the photo/blaster on the right is mine. I didn't paint it, though, so can be of no help with paint information/details. The one on the left was made and painted by the same craftsperson. I have photos that I took of the one on display at the Petersen Automotive Museum, if that would be of use.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back