Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

The new neck and paint job is an improvement over the first version. I didn't get the original one because I have multiple 1:1 Vader helmets including the Efx Limited and Efx PCR but if I saw this one for like $50-$75 and had the money to spend I would pick it up.

Although this is a better sculpt than the previous release, I see no reason to pick it up. Actually, this one looks like a blown-up version of the 12" Sideshow ANH figure from years ago.

The new neck and paint job is an improvement over the first version. I didn't get the original one because I have multiple 1:1 Vader helmets including the Efx Limited and Efx PCR but if I saw this one for like $50-$75 and had the money to spend I would pick it up.
Exactly my thoughts. I did get the original, but only because I wanted a Reveal helmet. I ended up painting the two-tone and I display it without a dome so it works fine for my set up, the longer neck is nice, but would sit weird on my display head. Doesn't hold a candle to my EFX Pcr helmet though

how much are these? $120? seems like for that kind of money you can't beat it for what you get regardless of accuracy.
Oh yeah, for the price these helmets are a home run. The Vader has some off proportions as far as size and shape, but for half the price of the EFX as well as actually being easily available its pretty much no contest. The extended neck goes a huge way to fixing the few minor proportions issues that bug me personally

One thing they have for them, they display really well in an exploded view. Some of the odd proportions are less noticeable when displayed in its component parts. I may wait to grab one on sale to do just that.

The Bo-Katan helmet is shipping early! Someone already received it, credit to Figurebrian on Instagram for the pics.

I got to hold the real Bo-Katan helmet in my hands and I must say I am thoroughly impressed by this thing. I’m assuming it is a good bit larger than the real thing, but the shape seems to be spot on. I believe it is based on a scan like the Din and Boba helmets.

Attachments

• B386DBBF-54FF-451D-885B-361866FDDC0F.jpeg
    B386DBBF-54FF-451D-885B-361866FDDC0F.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 1472962D-D8F8-4C8F-8143-2914A0FC18FD.jpeg
    1472962D-D8F8-4C8F-8143-2914A0FC18FD.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 176
  • A4E3445A-E1BB-4060-A48E-319035E6A224.jpeg
    A4E3445A-E1BB-4060-A48E-319035E6A224.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 142
  • 9E5DF198-8F8F-4390-ADE2-21B816DD05C2.jpeg
    9E5DF198-8F8F-4390-ADE2-21B816DD05C2.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 3367B2F0-FD25-408B-B1DD-1158251EAA0C.jpeg
    3367B2F0-FD25-408B-B1DD-1158251EAA0C.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 189
I just can’t stand the Hasbro Vader helmets, so weird looking! And I’m not a Vader lid geek, but they just don’t look right. That unlicensed ABS Vader helmet from China (forget the name) is much better for only a little more cash.

The Bo-Katan helmet is shipping early! Someone already received it, credit to Figurebrian on Instagram for the pics.

I got to hold the real Bo-Katan helmet in my hands and I must say I am thoroughly impressed by this thing. I’m assuming it is a good bit larger than the real thing, but the shape seems to be spot on. I believe it is based on a scan like the Din and Boba helmets.
That looks really impressive. Best looking Hasbro helmet IMO.

How would you say the size compares to the other Bo helmets you've held? Bigger than GEC Props or the Hyperdrive one?

That looks really impressive. Best looking Hasbro helmet IMO.

How would you say the size compares to the other Bo helmets you've held? Bigger than GEC Props or the Hyperdrive one?

The real Bo helmet is very small. I couldn’t even get it on past my forehead. Much smaller than the GEC props. Maybe about the same size or a little smaller than the Hyperdrive one.

If you’re asking about the BS helmet, I’m not sure yet. Those photos are not mine.

The Bo-Katan helmet is in stock at Big Bad Toy Store But still has a release date of November on Amazon. I hope that changes soon because that is where I ordered it.

The chin vent is smaller, and the neck looks to have been lengthened considerably. It takes a bunch of the squashed look out of it. Not enough for me to buy another one, but nice nonetheless

Original
View attachment 1572219

New
View attachment 1572221View attachment 1572220

...I just had a weird thought... what if this IS what the new/retro Vader helmet looks like in Kenobi? A mash up of film faceplates plus the little dome?

I bought several of these for gifts at WallyWorld a few years ago when they were on sale for $50 each. I lucked out. The 5 year old me wanted to be Vader SO BAD back in the 1970s, I really wanted the Don Post version (never got it until I was in college). I would have literally passed out if someone had given my the Black Series helmet back then.

If Hasbro they would just make the dome bigger, I think it wouldn't look so weird.

BTW: I won't link to a live auction, BUT if you search EvilBay right now for Darth Vader helmet, you'll see an Altmann's licensed Vader (originally from Australia) up for sale. These were modified from the original sculpt that was sent to Lucasfilm licensing IIRC, and the final product looked even more wonky. Here's pics from Jez' site:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/ausdv2.jpg

Exactly my thoughts. I did get the original, but only because I wanted a Reveal helmet. I ended up painting the two-tone and I display it without a dome so it works fine for my set up, the longer neck is nice, but would sit weird on my display head. Doesn't hold a candle to my EFX Pcr helmet though

The EFX PCR is an amazing ANH Vader bucket for a bargain price back in the day. It looks almost fiberglass, even though it's plastic and ultra-lightweight.

...I just had a weird thought... what if this IS what the new/retro Vader helmet looks like in Kenobi? A mash up of film faceplates plus the little dome?

I bought several of these for gifts at WallyWorld a few years ago when they were on sale for $50 each. I lucked out. The 5 year old me wanted to be Vader SO BAD back in the 1970s, I really wanted the Don Post version (never got it until I was in college). I would have literally passed out if someone had given my the Black Series helmet back then.

If Hasbro they would just make the dome bigger, I think it wouldn't look so weird.

BTW: I won't link to a live auction, BUT if you search EvilBay right now for Darth Vader helmet, you'll see an Altmann's licensed Vader (originally from Australia) up for sale. These were modified from the original sculpt that was sent to Lucasfilm licensing IIRC, and the final product looked even more wonky. Here's pics from Jez' site:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/ausdv2.jpg
I don't think they'd go for such a drastic change in helmet, but its entirely possible. I honestly think we'll see something pretty much like the Rogue One/ANH helmet, people would lose their minds if they went for another huge variation like the ROTS one.
I actually love the Altmanns helmet, it was the first Darth Vader helmet I really saw in person, the dome on the Hasbro helmet gives me major Altmanns vibes

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back