Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

Oh, really? I haven't seen those mentions. Were there mentioned on the forum itself? I don't really go onto the forum much there. Heh.
Screenshot_20201216-081153.jpg

Noticed an add on facebook for an Australian retail chain (Myer) having the Captain Cardinal helmet up for sale, and on special. $159.90 AUD. Their website states it's in stock and there is no mention of preorder or shipping dates. Also did a store lookup regarding stock noting some stores do supposedly have stock already..

So has this released already? I did a YouTube search figuring there would be at least one review up if that were the case... But nada.

Anyway at that price I took the plunge. Usually the black series helmets go for $240 - $250 AUD in Australia. I guess I'll wait and see if I get a tracking number/postage notice tomorrow.

Hey Chris. I got my Boba from Myer for that price of $159.90AUD when they first came out. Will hope for the same when I get the Mando one. When they are that cheap it's a no brainer hey. Oh and I got my Luke X-wing helmet for $135AUD on amazon when they first came in stock. Well worth the price.

Ben

Here ya go. Credit to Stuart Boyd on Facebook. Anovos TLJ helmet.
Don't forget that the TLJ helmet is slightly different to the TFA helmet which the black series is a replica of. Main difference is the nose/frown. Other than that it's spot on.

Ben

Don't forget that the TLJ helmet is slightly different to the TFA helmet which the black series is a replica of. Main difference is the nose/frown. Other than that it's spot on.

Ben

The Black Series helmet is a TLJ helmet, not TFA. So it is a direct comparison to the Anovos buddy.

Hey Chris. I got my Boba from Myer for that price of $159.90AUD when they first came out. Will hope for the same when I get the Mando one. When they are that cheap it's a no brainer hey. Oh and I got my Luke X-wing helmet for $135AUD on amazon when they first came in stock. Well worth the price.

Ben

Those are some really good scores mate! The black series are amazing for the price.

I did end up getting a second Cardinal helmet for myself to paint white after all. With a $20 credit card reward and shopback discount of a further 15% I think it worked out to be around $115 or so delivered. I'm not a huge fan of the new designs.. however at that price I couldn't say no. So far it appears to be more accurate in shape compared to the same Anovos offering. Only the nose plate needs some tweaking to make it look bang on. In person the helmet is sturdy and has a nice weight to it. I'm always surprised how good each of these black series are in hand.. I wish we had this stuff when we were kids!

Those are some really good scores mate! The black series are amazing for the price.

I did end up getting a second Cardinal helmet for myself to paint white after all. With a $20 credit card reward and shopback discount of a further 15% I think it worked out to be around $115 or so delivered. I'm not a huge fan of the new designs.. however at that price I couldn't say no. So far it appears to be more accurate in shape compared to the same Anovos offering. Only the nose plate needs some tweaking to make it look bang on. In person the helmet is sturdy and has a nice weight to it. I'm always surprised how good each of these black series are in hand.. I wish we had this stuff when we were kids!
I would gone nuts over this stuff when I was a kid. Pity we didn't have them back then. Better late than never though. I'm the same with the new designs. They don't do much for me but at this price they are irresistible. Glad you got a second one bud. :)

Ben

Interesting. I'm definitely watching closely. I want this helmet so bad. Now I just need to finish my Captain Cardinal blaster to put with it...
Reminder again the TLJ FOTK helmet is wrong for Cardinal, who deserted prior to TFA. I am quite disappointed by the fact they went with the TLJ, even if I can understand why. I don't know if I should hold out hope Hasbro will pull a Prototype Boba and re-release the FOTK six months down the road with a different face sculpt for the TFA version.

After Boba Fett... is more Boba Fett.

Of course, they already had the molds and the paint is even easier this time! I must say, it looks good!

Side note: They did the ESB Fett and Mando, now repainted Fett. Hopefully we get a Jango soon!

Last edited:
Reminder again the TLJ FOTK helmet is wrong for Cardinal, who deserted prior to TFA. I am quite disappointed by the fact they went with the TLJ, even if I can understand why. I don't know if I should hold out hope Hasbro will pull a Prototype Boba and re-release the FOTK six months down the road with a different face sculpt for the TFA version.
That really doesn’t bother me. I’m sure that the TLJ design is supposed to “overwrite” the TFA version as if the TFA version didn’t exist, anyway. So this helmet would technically be correct with that idea. But again, the style doesn’t bother me, I’m just glad that we’re finally getting a FO stormtrooper helmet.

That really doesn’t bother me. I’m sure that the TLJ design is supposed to “overwrite” the TFA version as if the TFA version didn’t exist, anyway. So this helmet would technically be correct with that idea. But again, the style doesn’t bother me, I’m just glad that we’re finally getting a FO stormtrooper helmet.
I'd never seen that assumption about the different looks. I figured it was more ANH/ESB versus ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet sort of thing -- an evolution of the design based on use in the field that was just starting to get rolled out, or better equipment issued to the elites in smaller quantities than general disbursement would demand. But seeing Cardinal's red paint scheme on the TLJ just looks wrong to me. Even if both existed concurrently, I'd stick with the TFA. Your mileage may obviously vary.

I'd never seen that assumption about the different looks. I figured it was more ANH/ESB versus ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet sort of thing -- an evolution of the design based on use in the field that was just starting to get rolled out, or better equipment issued to the elites in smaller quantities than general disbursement would demand. But seeing Cardinal's red paint scheme on the TLJ just looks wrong to me. Even if both existed concurrently, I'd stick with the TFA. Your mileage may obviously vary.
Well, seeing as TLJ takes place pretty quickly after TFA ends it doesn't seem like the First Order would have had time to roll out new helmets to all of their soldiers. ANH and ESB had a couple years set between them, TFA and TLJ I think had a few days between them, if I remember right. So I just assumed that TLJ design overwrote the TFA design. Kind of like how the RO X-wing pilot suits "overwrite" the OT X-wing pilot suits (even though we still see both in the Mandalorian, which is weird).

Weird that this time the buyers outside of the US are quicker on getting their delivery. Got mine today in germany
The helmets were released overseas for they were released here for some reason. They don't get released here until January. Maybe it had something to do with being a Target exclusive here and that held things up? I have no idea...

Well, seeing as TLJ takes place pretty quickly after TFA ends it doesn't seem like the First Order would have had time to roll out new helmets to all of their soldiers. ANH and ESB had a couple years set between them, TFA and TLJ I think had a few days between them, if I remember right. So I just assumed that TLJ design overwrote the TFA design.
I consider it just one aspect of overall sloppiness of execution of the Sequel Trilogy, that they saw the backlash and mocking of the TFA helmet and tweaked it with zero explanation. Yeah, TLJ begins a couple days at most after TFA ends. TFA ends with Snoke ordering Hux to bring Kylo to him, and then the Starkiller does the big firework. Snoke's ship is the flagship. I'm fine with the conceit that Hux's ship gets re-equipped with the new stuff off the line when they rendezvous with the Supremacy, and then head out to destroy the Resistance's base on D'Qar. By TROS, there might still be some FOTKs out there sporting the old style helmet, but our focus is near the center of power, so the newest and best makes sense for what we see.

I can find a way to make it work far better than ESB and ROTJ Boba helmets somehow supposedly the same thing.

Kind of like how the RO X-wing pilot suits "overwrite" the OT X-wing pilot suits (even though we still see both in the Mandalorian, which is weird).
We also see both in Rogue One -- all the old footage of Red Leader and Gold Leader, they're in their original flight suits. Those are also an unnecessary "upgrade" that I soundly reject. Too contemporary and too lore-breaking. I can accept them for the U-Wing crews, because part of their typical flight ops involve flying around with the doors open. Hoth-style insulated flight gear makes sense. I can further accept that the rest of the support craft in that Group have adopted the same gear, out of convenience, but it should be a different group-Group altogether. Maybe Renegade Group, which was ambushed and destroyed between ANH and ESB. But then, Rogue Group wasn't supposed to have been named in honor of anyone's heroic sacrifice or anything, but Rogue One borked that, too...

I know I'm in the minority by not being too impressed with the execution of that film, though. Top to bottom, a lot of good elements... fumbled badly, IMO.

Im liking the new Fett helmet. Keeping the molded damage elements works for this one since Fett simply painted over all the Sarlacc damage.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back