Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

There's no way they haven't had conversations internally about doing things like blasters or mandalorian gauntlets. What's stopping that from happening? marketing and sales guys I dunno...
Regulations for blasters would probably render them impossible. Heck, mcfarlane couldn’t even get the discovery phaser off the ground because of regulations and I was dying to get that.

There is probably much less interest aside from the well-known parts. According to someone a few comments above they tried that already once and failed.

Yes, they tried a baton from TFA. Just because that was not a great idea, doesn't mean another non lightsaber or helmet would not work. Just because that did not do well, does not mean something else would not be successful. It took a long time for Hasbro to even try to make items focused for adult collectors even though there had been demand well before. It's just a matter of figuring out what the consumer would buy. Sometimes there is a demand and sometimes the consumer doesn't know they want something until they are exposed to the possibility. That's what makes the type of work Haslab is doing because they can test the waters before making major spending commitments.

Regulations for blasters would probably render them impossible. Heck, mcfarlane couldn’t even get the discovery phaser off the ground because of regulations and I was dying to get that.
first I blame lazer tag, second hasbro should take a lesson from mcfarlane's spawn kickstarter on how to make things other tell you that you can't do.

A stun baton is something they tried to make and failed with? Of course that failed try a stormtrooper blaster to pair up with the helmet not a baton. That's like asking a kid of they want banana flavored gum and when they say no, you throw your hands up in the air and say "see! I told you kids hate gum"

first I blame lazer tag, second hasbro should take a lesson from mcfarlane's spawn kickstarter on how to make things other tell you that you can't do.

A stun baton is something they tried to make and failed with? Of course that failed try a stormtrooper blaster to pair up with the helmet not a baton. That's like asking a kid of they want banana flavored gum and when they say no, you throw your hands up in the air and say "see! I told you kids hate gum"
~Whispers to self~ I bought the baton....

Lol. I also paid $40 for it instead of $300 or whatever they wanted.

I don't know much about toy gun regulations but I think a lot of the regulations are state level opposed to a federal level. I believe New York is a big one. So most toy manufactures try to follow state regulations in order to be able to sell in all states. If true, then I have to wonder if you could do a a blaster project through Haslab but automatically restrict it from people who sign up that are residents of such states.

The other thing I always wonder about is that pellet guns and BB guns (not airsoft) are sold without orange coloring. Makes sense because they are dangerous and not toys. Maybe they should make a line of bb guns and blasters that replicate blasters.

I don't know much about toy gun regulations but I think a lot of the regulations are state level opposed to a federal level. I believe New York is a big one. So most toy manufactures try to follow state regulations in order to be able to sell in all states. If true, then I have to wonder if you could do a a blaster project through Haslab but automatically restrict it from people who sign up that are residents of such states.

The other thing I always wonder about is that pellet guns and BB guns (not airsoft) are sold without orange coloring. Makes sense because they are dangerous and not toys. Maybe they should make a line of bb guns and blasters that replicate blasters.
There are air soft companies that do Star Wars inspired stuff. Prices aren’t bad either. I just don’t see Hasbro dealing with the hassle.

There are air soft companies that do Star Wars inspired stuff. Prices aren’t bad either. I just don’t see Hasbro dealing with the hassle.

I know what your talking about. Basically they are converting existing base weapons. I am talking about a line that is design from the ground up to be a blaster replica. Also, I should clarify that I meant "they" as a new company or exiting BB gun manufacture doing it, not Hasbro... unless they really really wanted to.

I know what your talking about. Basically they are converting existing base weapons. I am talking about a line that is design from the ground up to be a blaster replica. Also, I should clarify that I meant "they" as a new company or exiting BB gun manufacture doing it, not Hasbro... unless they really really wanted to.
That would be wonderful. I would worry that the licensed versions would be far more expensive, though. Sigh. The Star Wars license will probably always be a freaking mess.

That would be wonderful. I would worry that the licensed versions would be far more expensive, though. Sigh. The Star Wars license will probably always be a freaking mess.
The thing hasbro needs to come to grips with is that over the next lets say 10 years more and more 3d scans of actual original props will become available(if I was propstore I would have a 3d scanning company archiving all the props for future sales) for people to get their hands on. It's already happening and it can't be stopped, and lots of smaller people will be producing high quality prints and take those to finished product and beat hasbro to the punch. Now is the time for them to take advantage of the lull before the boom.

I'm frustrated that I haven't seen anything since Toy Fair about Hasbro's tracking fob. I want several. I've got the Din helmet up for preorder though GameStop. And I really, really wish they'd done the TFA First Order Stormtrooper, rather than the TLJ. Especially considering the Cardinal repaint -- he'd deserted prior to TFA, and wouldn't have the version they're making.

I'm frustrated that I haven't seen anything since Toy Fair about Hasbro's tracking fob. I want several. I've got the Din helmet up for preorder though GameStop. And I really, really wish they'd done the TFA First Order Stormtrooper, rather than the TLJ. Especially considering the Cardinal repaint -- he'd deserted prior to TFA, and wouldn't have the version they're making.

I missed the tracking fob completely. Were there pics of it? I tried googling but didn't find anything.

Hasbro booth, New York Toy Fair 2020, back in February. Here's one video of reps showing it in action (I skipped past several minutes of Baby Yoda stuff -- you can watch the whole vid if you want to see more of what they were showing).
They never say anything about it though? It seems like it may have been a press promotional thing or even fan-made.

Noticed an add on facebook for an Australian retail chain (Myer) having the Captain Cardinal helmet up for sale, and on special. $159.90 AUD. Their website states it's in stock and there is no mention of preorder or shipping dates. Also did a store lookup regarding stock noting some stores do supposedly have stock already..

So has this released already? I did a YouTube search figuring there would be at least one review up if that were the case... But nada.

Anyway at that price I took the plunge. Usually the black series helmets go for $240 - $250 AUD in Australia. I guess I'll wait and see if I get a tracking number/postage notice tomorrow.

Noticed an add on facebook for an Australian retail chain (Myer) having the Captain Cardinal helmet up for sale, and on special. $159.90 AUD. Their website states it's in stock and there is no mention of preorder or shipping dates. Also did a store lookup regarding stock noting some stores do supposedly have stock already..

So has this released already? I did a YouTube search figuring there would be at least one review up if that were the case... But nada.

Anyway at that price I took the plunge. Usually the black series helmets go for $240 - $250 AUD in Australia. I guess I'll wait and see if I get a tracking number/postage notice tomorrow.
I haven't heard anything about these being available yet, and I'm sure that Hasbro would have said something if they were. That store probably put that up in error.

I haven't heard anything about these being available yet, and I'm sure that Hasbro would have said something if they were. That store probably put that up in error.

That's what I was thinking until I checked the in-store stock levels for Sydney. Also now seeing a few stores and people with these in hand through Facebook photo search. Looks like they are indeed out and about already.

Kinda funny it was released randomly without any wind up.. not sure how long it's been in the works compared to the Mandalorian helmet, but one would think now with the current season building up hype this Christmas season, now would of been a perfect time for that instead of the first order stormtrooper.

Really cannot complain though. Pretty much 1/4th the price of an Anovos first order helmet. It appears to be dead on accurate too compared to the screen used one sold by propstore.

They’re definitely already getting out there.

Not my pics.
09CB7A3B-2E76-4F0B-A945-E566B6AA6CCB.jpeg

Attachments

• 96796B65-E576-44D1-AE72-84A4650D134E.jpeg
    96796B65-E576-44D1-AE72-84A4650D134E.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 88

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back