Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

For any interested, the all white Boba Fett prototype helmet is rereleased on ShopDisney for $104.

I will say this about the Rex helmet... the cheek indentations, like the BS Phase 2 Clone helmet, are not even half as deep as the actual prop helmets. i can get this helmet on with glasses inside, where as on the Phase 2 prop helmet i cannot.

On the image above shown foe reference, it doesn’t look like a weld like the others, it simply looks like a seam with weathering which seems to be consistent with the Black Series replica.
Im seeing a pretty solid silver line there between the blue and the orange weathering.

Im seeing a pretty solid silver line there between the blue and the orange weathering.

Me too. It’s just not a thick blob like on the cheeks.

Attachments

• IMG_8645.jpeg
    IMG_8645.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 93
Could be because its partially obscured by the lip there but yeah i suppose its thinner. Maybe some silver drybrushing on that edge would fix it.

there is a slight dry brushing effect on it.. its not like the box shows, and its a little more than my camera shows, but it is there.
I still want to add to it. so ill possibly tackle that this weekend.

I just found some silver hot glue... anyone ever used it? ill see how that works and let you know!

Last edited:
Hot glue would work. You can also just paint over hot glue with acrylic paint or silver rub n buff.

If I had one I would use epoxy putty to sculpt the weld.

yeah there is! also gold and bronze etc.. but dont mistake getting the silver glitter hot glue.. i dont think that would be good.. that might look like Rex took his helmet to Barbie for a fix..

update on the silver hot glue weld.

Its too hot to make a convincing weld. the heat is good and the size is good, but the glue is too hot to hold the shape as you go from one side to the other. the mini hot glue size is perfect, but the hot glue doesnt realy flatten like a true weld would, or the helmet has.
the heat causes the glue to flow too much and loses its form into more of a constant bead instead of a push-pull melted metal rapidly cooling thing like a weld does.
Also, the hot glue is silver, but the silver color largely dissipates and does not stay super silver looking... or at least not as silver as the other
welds are.
At least its removable and thats a plus. So i can redo it if i want to. I can make a more flattened looking weld..
I could try a cooler hot glue, which might work better.. or i can try the putty thing which may also be better.

Attachments

• 20240219_134134.jpg
    20240219_134134.jpg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 20240219_134154.jpg
    20240219_134154.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20240219_134204.jpg
    20240219_134204.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20240219_134229.jpg
    20240219_134229.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 100
its not terrible... i think with some drybrushing and some added rust and then some grime itll be a passable fun helmet. I may even give it a couple layers of gloss and a brief sanding to give it a more realistic non-plastic sheen.
I love Rex so this one is a treat to have.
I think the paint or whatever is on this is pretty good comparing to the X-Wing buckets etc.. ive seen some pretty bad Black Series paint in the past but this one is pretty good. I would not mind a full sand and a repaint on this one... just for consistency with other helmets i have. But ill see what happens as i go. I have plenty to work on other than this so i think this one sits as-is for a while.
All in all.. its a great bucket. I have not put batteries in it to test out the sounds but.. i may.

My only real gripe is the cheek depth. But thats understandable for wearability. I may post a family photo with some actual prop Phase 2 buckets when i get done buildng and painting those. (y)(y)

Yeah I had to cancel my Amazon order, won’t have the money until March, original ship estimate. Thanks Amazon.

Almost pulled the trigger on 2 IKEA Blalidens for all my helmets, and I found a video that gives the exact CM measurements for the height clearance on the top/bottom (max height) and middle 2 shelves (slightly less), and none of my helmets will fit with their custom stands! They're all each about 3/16" too tall. :(

Almost pulled the trigger on 2 IKEA Blalidens for all my helmets, and I found a video that gives the exact CM measurements for the height clearance on the top/bottom (max height) and middle 2 shelves (slightly less), and none of my helmets will fit with their custom stands! They're all each about 3/16" too tall. :(
Pictures when it arrives!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back