Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

Geez, I almost bought one of those Posts back in the day! I still have their first Vader, though. Totally worth it.

I feel a bit silly asking this but how do you get the cover off to get to the battery door? Instructions are worthless. Pull up, down, out? Don’t want to break something now...

Out. The earcaps both are held on just by molded-on clips that go through slots in the helmet body. If you can't get enough purchase with your fingers, slip a knife blade in to get it out enough to get a fingernail in. Don't worry about pulling too hard. It's meant to come off.

Like BRRogers I went to town with a silver paint marker as well. Sorry for the Instagram cropped photos but that's all I can get atm.

View attachment 1302477View attachment 1302474View attachment 1302476View attachment 1302478View attachment 1302475
Looks great. Slight repost in case you didn't see my question before, Liam, but what kind and/or brand of paint marker did you use? And is it just the normal silver or maybe the metallic silver color for the marker that you're using? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Looks great. Slight repost in case you didn't see my question before, Liam, but what kind and/or brand of paint marker did you use? And is it just the normal silver or maybe the metallic silver color for the marker that you're using? Any guidance would be appreciated!
What I use:
CB395C30-FFCE-4491-BD1E-16224E30EA5E.jpeg

Looks great. Slight repost in case you didn't see my question before, Liam, but what kind and/or brand of paint marker did you use? And is it just the normal silver or maybe the metallic silver colour for the marker that you're using? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Sorry I missed the questions. I used WATER based sharpie paint markers (white and silver). The water-based markers are just simple acrylic paint so its quick drying and easy to remover/fix. I wouldn't use their oil-based markers or the regular silver marker. I have used the regular permanent silver marker on models and figures and it never drys and turns to a tacky mess that I couldn't remove with either soap n water, acetone, rubbing alcohol, or enamel thinner. The rest of the paints I used were craft acrylics watered down and flicked with a toothbrush (black, white, brown+orange for the visor stock, and umber for the smudges on the dome).

Picture for what the package looks like:

Attachments

• 81p5WeG+sSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81p5WeG+sSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 141
It seems like the prices in Canada are really fluctuating. Toysrus.ca had them for 119.99 but sold out. A couple of weeks ago, they went back up to 149.99 and then now, still out of stock, have returned to 119.99. What a great deal for something you can't buy.

Walmart.ca had them in for 149.99 then recently bumped up the price to 172.44. Shameful. Is Walmart buying them off of eBay to resell?

TazMan2000

It seems like the prices in Canada are really fluctuating. Toysrus.ca had them for 119.99 but sold out. A couple of weeks ago, they went back up to 149.99 and then now, still out of stock, have returned to 119.99. What a great deal for something you can't buy.

Walmart.ca had them in for 149.99 then recently bumped up the price to 172.44. Shameful. Is Walmart buying them off of eBay to resell?

TazMan2000

Be careful with Walmart. They are a 3rd party selling site like Amazon now and are a conduit for other seller. Yes it’s still Walmart per se but you are not buying direct from Walmart. There’s a check box to select official Walmart items so you can filter. But yeah, some of the prices are stupid jacked like eBay and even Amazon these days.

Be careful with Walmart. They are a 3rd party selling site like Amazon now and are a conduit for other seller. Yes it’s still Walmart per se but you are not buying direct from Walmart. There’s a check box to select official Walmart items so you can filter. But yeah, some of the prices are stupid jacked like eBay and even Amazon these days.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Which makes me wonder why Walmart would allow 3rd parties to compete. If Walmart gets them in stock, do they stop advertising the 3rd party items? It seems like a lot of stores are doing the same thing. Home Depot is another, but their 3rd party items seem more legit.

TazMan2000

Yeah, I've noticed that. Which makes me wonder why Walmart would allow 3rd parties to compete. If Walmart gets them in stock, do they stop advertising the 3rd party items? It seems like a lot of stores are doing the same thing. Home Depot is another, but their 3rd party items seem more legit.

TazMan2000

I believe you can change you app settings to search only item sold from Walmart’s stock and not 3rd party.

TazMan2000

Because they make money by selling their own product, they make money by allowing 3rd parties on their platform, and they make money when those third parties sell an item. In fact when a third party seller makes a sale on an inflated priced toy they just might make as much or more than the margin on the item if it was their own, plus they don’t have to spend the expense of paying warehouse associates to pack and ship. I personally hate the 3rd parties on their site and will not buy from one but for Walmart, it’s a smart business move.

It's so annoying how most retailer sites are just Amazon marketplaces now. I always disable the third party sellers when I search for anything.

Like BRRogers I went to town with a silver paint marker as well. Sorry for the Instagram cropped photos but that's all I can get atm.

View attachment 1302477View attachment 1302474View attachment 1302476View attachment 1302478View attachment 1302475

Liam Lafferty - thanks for sharing your work! The addition of the silver paint marker scratches really adds a striking amount of detail. I bought the pens, now I just have to see if I am brave enough to try it on my EFX helmet. Did you go over your helmet with any washes for more weathering, or just the paint pen?

Liam Lafferty - thanks for sharing your work! The addition of the silver paint marker scratches really adds a striking amount of detail. I bought the pens, now I just have to see if I am brave enough to try it on my EFX helmet. Did you go over your helmet with any washes for more weathering, or just the paint pen?

I have a post earlier with what I did/used. I didn't do a wash.

Finished installing a modified voice changer in the helmet. Works great, no distortion or speaker feedback at all. And with the pads, and repositioned control unit, the fit's very secure on the head.

Attachments

• Photo May 28, 7 00 42 PM.jpg
    Photo May 28, 7 00 42 PM.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Photo May 28, 7 00 30 PM.jpg
    Photo May 28, 7 00 30 PM.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 174
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back