Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

yes I'm seeing them but slowly selling out too.
Re armored helmet looks safe for now but that saber is flying off the... preorder... list.
Had to stop myself from saying shelves.
I swear I need a rainy day fund of like $5k for this sort of thing.
*save this spot for my link to Kevin hart explaining how his bank works...

JUST ordered a Darksaber from BBTS. I upgraded to FedEx shipping: less than $10 bucks.

This looks so very cool!

This also grinds my gears. So when tje show drops and people are like oh yeah I would like one of those helmets. Hasbro:"oh you didn't preorder a full 370 days ago? Sorry you have to buy one at double the price from a scalper now."
Eughhhh...
Makes me want to kit out a don post. Or even a rubies.
I got curious and looked for a DP/Rubies on Ebay, not only was I shocked by the prices but there were some helmets in totally TERRIBLE condition on there. I had one of these helmets and a set of sintra armor when I was a kid, but it seems to have vanished into thin air in the past 15 years.

Too bad it's too big for what we saw in the show... :cool:
Is it now? I'm trying to figure out the dimensions, but I don't like maths, and plenty of other people are more experienced with getting the details down better than I, so I prefer to see the pictures pointing out the differences.

I was told the BS helmet that was released this was an accurate size, so I figured the Fett helmet from Mando would be the same mold, but with a new paint job. I suppose the scale is off somewhere...??

Stormagadon, the Black Series items all start from digital LFL-sourced assets, then altered to the extent either required for manufacture and/or to correct asymmetry of the original or whatever. I'll be posting tomorrow or Thursday over in my own thread, and linking here, my comparison of the HBS Boba to the original prop. Overall measurements are super-close in many areas. The biggest inaccuracy I found is the length of the rear skirt, which is about 3/16" shorter than the original, with the "keyslot" inset and detail scaled down to fit. I also think I know why/how this happened, but I'll leave off on that here.

Over on The Dented Helmet forums and, I think, in the Mandalorian Reference Thread here, those with knowledge of the various offerings have matched the Boba helmet used this season on The Mandalorian to the Sideshow Collectibles life-size Boba statue's helmet, which is smaller than the original film prop. Which makes sense, as so is Tem, and if he wore a true 1:1 Boba bucket, he'd look like a bobblehead. The Jango helmet was noticeably smaller than the Boba when placed side-by-side, and I think the Sideshow helmet is closer to that size. So this new HBS repaint will be a 1:1 Boba (essentially) with the paint scheme on the scaled Sideshow replica.

Stormagadon, the Black Series items all start from digital LFL-sourced assets, then altered to the extent either required for manufacture and/or to correct asymmetry of the original or whatever. I'll be posting tomorrow or Thursday over in my own thread, and linking here, my comparison of the HBS Boba to the original prop. Overall measurements are super-close in many areas. The biggest inaccuracy I found is the length of the rear skirt, which is about 3/16" shorter than the original, with the "keyslot" inset and detail scaled down to fit. I also think I know why/how this happened, but I'll leave off on that here.

Over on The Dented Helmet forums and, I think, in the Mandalorian Reference Thread here, those with knowledge of the various offerings have matched the Boba helmet used this season on The Mandalorian to the Sideshow Collectibles life-size Boba statue's helmet, which is smaller than the original film prop. Which makes sense, as so is Tem, and if he wore a true 1:1 Boba bucket, he'd look like a bobblehead. The Jango helmet was noticeably smaller than the Boba when placed side-by-side, and I think the Sideshow helmet is closer to that size. So this new HBS repaint will be a 1:1 Boba (essentially) with the paint scheme on the scaled Sideshow replica.
Oh, ok! Thanks for the feedback. That helps clear some things up for me. I'm looking forward to your post!

I can’t believe the fett is already going for over twice the original price. Hasbro seriously needs to make more.

No kidding. I just saw a link on FB from "Star Wars Fans" to Amazon for the Fett helmet ranging from $300 to $330.

That's just ridiculous.

No kidding. I just saw a link on FB from "Star Wars Fans" to Amazon for the Fett helmet ranging from $300 to $330.

That's just ridiculous.
Wow... a shame I love mine so much! :lol:

I'm not surprised though. The Mandalorian has been HUGE, even with casuals and non-Star Wars fans. I have a felling that we are gonna see a LOT of people buying Fett helmets and Luke Hero sabers that had little interest in such things before. Once it dies down (and if Hasbro makes more) the prices should level out.

Looking on the 'bay, people selling the rearmored Boba helmets right now for crazy money, and they're not even available until 2022.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not paying over twice what Game Stop is taking pre-orders for now for the same shipping date.

Madness.

I think the only Black Series helmet that may be out of production is Kylo ren. I haven't seen it in stock in a long time.

The high prices is very common any time these products are out of stock. It happens with the Marvel Legends stuff too.

For a while the Stormtrooper was going to for $200-300. Then guess what? It was on Amazon for a month for $70-80 recently. Now it's back up again.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back