Bionic Commando "Rad" Spencer Build and Bionic Arm!

Re: Bionic Commando Promotional Arm (Help me track down!)

Well now that I have her blessing I can happily announce I found the brave maker who will help me make this little dream of mine come true. It is no other than the talented msleeper. She is a fellow Ai alumni from Atlanta and I think she will do a wonderful job judging from her past work. She is experienced in pep unfolding/assembling, 3D modeling/printing, molding/casting, vacu-forming and CNC and laser cutting, electronics and everything in between. I'm excited to see her take on this project with me and look forward to this collab project (where she will be doing most of the work). She is tackling Spencer's Bionic Claw while I work on the rest of his gettup (clothes, boots, accesories, etc). Bionic will be a reality come October!

I will let msleeper start the thread when she is ready to start and I will be updating there with my side of things. Very excited!

Well now that I have her blessing I can happily announce I found the brave maker who will help me make this little dream of mine come true. It is no other than the talented msleeper. She is a fellow Ai alumni from Atlanta and I think she will do a wonderful job judging from her past work. She is experienced in many things I am not like pep unfolding/assembling, 3D modeling/printing, molding/casting, vacu-forming and CNC and laser cutting, electronics and everything in between. I'm excited to see her take on this project with me and look forward to this collab project (where she will be doing most of the work). She is tackling Spencer's Bionic Claw while I work on the rest of his gettup (clothes, boots, accesories, etc). Bionic will be a reality come October!

I will let msleeper start the thread when she is ready to start and I will be updating there with my side of things. Very excited!

SOON
49644_1256316152_medium.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah dude, I am super excited. I've been subbed to this thread for a while and I'm amazed nobody has found anything conclusive yet. I'm really looking forward to getting started, I think this will be a really awesome piece to work on.

Yeah dude, I am super excited. I've been subbed to this thread for a while and I'm amazed nobody has found anything conclusive yet. I'm really looking forward to getting started, I think this will be a really awesome piece to work on.

No ish right!? This build is 4 years in the making and this thread proves it! It will be epic though. Rad Spencer will live again.

i jus wanna see he file unfolded, lol ive been sitting on that file for over a year

I always like to see someone's persistence pay off! The arm is gonna kick major butt when you get it. I'mspinning the hamster wheel trying to figure out how to do the Winter Soldier's arm and I'm combing the threads to see if anything spurs the noggin'.

I can't wait to see this turn out. I didn't think there were so many Art Institute students on here. I ran into a few from Pittsburgh but not many others.

It begins to manifest into the physical realm!! So excited!!

did you make it into a file for 3d printing or was it already set for that?
just asking because if its already a go for 3d print im gonna use the printer at the college and get started on one for my wall, gonna knock one more thing off my bucket list

Excitement cannot be contained. This will be insanely cool. Godspeed Michelle!

On my end I got started on the boots and the handgun last weekend. Here's a quick pic of the gun:

20131117_155219.jpg

did you make it into a file for 3d printing or was it already set for that?
just asking because if its already a go for 3d print im gonna use the printer at the college and get started on one for my wall, gonna knock one more thing off my bucket list

Well, first off, I had to commission getting the 3D model built using the Capcom promotional arm (and the video game model) as a reference. So, the model I am 3D printing is entirely custom for this commission. That said, the model I have is broken down into something like 9 different parts, the largest of which is the length of your forearm. So, in order to 3D print it, I've had to break down the component models even further. Meaning there are in the neighborhood of 20-30 individual parts to be printed. At an average of 5 hours per print, I'm estimating around 150 print hours on this project.

That said, I'm not 3D printing the entire thing. I've learned that you can use Pepakura to export vector files that the laser cutter I have access to can cut. So, I am going to cardboard laser cut pep a few of the bits as well.

On my end I got started on the boots and the handgun last weekend. Here's a quick pic of the gun:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-.../YUi-_LlI0L4/w632-h842-no/20131117_155219.jpg

Dude that looks killer. Please tell me you're going to sand off the logo on the back side, though! ;)

Well, first off, I had to commission getting the 3D model built using the Capcom promotional arm (and the video game model) as a reference. So, the model I am 3D printing is entirely custom for this commission. That said, the model I have is broken down into something like 9 different parts, the largest of which is the length of your forearm. So, in order to 3D print it, I've had to break down the component models even further. Meaning there are in the neighborhood of 20-30 individual parts to be printed. At an average of 5 hours per print, I'm estimating around 150 print hours on this project.

150 hours! Geez! Hopefully the pep parts help cut down the time for us.

Dude that looks killer. Please tell me you're going to sand off the logo on the back side, though! ;)

Gracias :) Yeah, all logos will be sanded down as soon as I get my butt to the hardware store to re-supply. I was testing out my new airbrush so I got a little carried away with the painting.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back