Bio-mask 2.0

Termokk

I got my new chavant NSP in the mail so i had to get started! First I took some plastic wrap and covered one of my Predator 2.0 pulls, and took an impression with plaster bandages. Then i made an ultracal base to begin the process of making the bio that will perfectly fit my mask. The first has been decided to be a P1, since its my personal favorite, and a celtic will be next. This is basicaly an announcment of the project, and its still VERY rough. I have aquired some new "technologys" that should make this much smoother than the last one i made, im looking to give this a glass like finish to it, as best as i can. I will show what im doing as the process goes on but for now i am just roughing out the basic shapes. I love this bio and i hope it shows as it takes shape. Its slightly smaller than 1:1 as everything i have done is, i will post up some pictures of it next to an origional winston pull soon so you can see the difference. Thanks for looking.

biomask.jpg

Its progressing slowly but its getting there. I still havent started the intensive smoothing process but its basicaly roughed out. I kit bashed some conduit to make the tube texture on the side of the head and once its smoother and more refined i will be adding the attachments for the black hoses that will stick out of the side. Thanks for looking and commenting!

DVC00098.jpg

DVC00094.jpg

DVC00096.jpg

Very nice and symmetrical. If you plan on molding these, count me in for a copy

You got it bud! Thanks everyone for the comments! Yea the silicone to mould this is on its way already. I am doing the pantyhoe soaked in rubbing alcahol scrub to smooth it next then gonna lighty hit it with a torch to make a mirror finish. Hopefully it all goes as planned.

AND the smoothing continues! I have been working on the bio on and off when i have time. I started smoothing the whole head, and building up where the lasers will be. (its not fully smooth yet) I am having some trouble finding somthing to kit bash to make the basic designes of the lasers, anyone have any suggestions? Gonna head back to town soon to find some model kits to pull apart to see if i can find the pieces i need. Also i have been looking for the rare earth magnets, and i found a couple good sources online, gonna see if i can find some localy. I have plans to imbed them into the fiberglass of the finished product. Anywho, any comments or critisisms are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Oh and i took some shots next to the origional so you can see the size compairison. I have been using it for refrence.

DVC00143.jpg

DVC00155.jpg

DVC00142.jpg

DVC00148.jpg

DVC00149.jpg

DVC00150.jpg

Great googly moogly...thats freakin awesome! Very good job so far. Do you plan on selling a few casts? Have I mentioned that I would be interested?

Weird...I not point any fingers with regard to recasting - it just looks like a shoddy cast...I've never seen a Hird sculpt look like that before...

If your talking about the "origional" its not a recast. And its not a hird sculpt, its from the first movie. It was a gift from steve wang, to my buddy ted, who gave it to me. I had to repaint and do some slight bondo work to it, because it was a little beat up sitting around since the 80's. So some of the slight distortions on it are my, "new to special effects" bondo jobs i did on broken sections of it. Its somthing i would never recast or ever sell, its an heirloom to me.

If your talking about the "origional" its not a recast. It was a gift from steve wang, to my buddy ted, who gave it to me. I had to repaint and do some slight bondo work to it, because it was a little beat up sitting around since the 80's. So some of the slight distortions on it are my, "new to special effects" bondo jobs i did on broken sections of it. Its somthing i would never recast or ever sell, its an heirloom to me.

Ha ..I think Jason may have replied in the wrong thread ...there is one currently about a Celtic up for auction. As for your Bio ..Its looking great! getting very close to the original. Also that P1 stunt looks about right ....compared it to the shots of my own, and while the angles of the pics are a bit different, it looks legit to me ..I can even see a few of the same casting flaws from the mold ...of course yours was cast up long before the mold made it to me. Are you trying to get as close to the original as possible? The only thing I'd throw in, is watch where things are rounded ..and where they are sharp ..as simple as this design was, there are so many subtle nuances that made it truly one of the best out there ..lets hear it for the original! cant wait to see this finished up

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back