Bio-mask 2.0

Thanks for the suggestions, there is a tiny bit of symmety problems in the top of the mouth between the eyes. It helps to take pictures somtimes, been starting at it so much it starts to loose all meaning lol. I am going to make a few tiny corrections and then start pouring the silicon. I have a huge supply of magnets ariving today for the bio, and i need to secure some motercycle face sheilds to cut up to make the lenses. I found some LEDs that will work for the lasers, but im still deciding on a battery pack. Not sure if i want a light battery i have to replace more often or a heavy battery pack. hmmm... Anyway thanks again for finding some symmetry problems, i think i noticed a tiny one on the ridge above the left eye too. gotta fix that also, lol

Well, this may be a little off topic, but you mentioned power source options, I was planning to have an audio plug, like the ones used in headphones for personal media players, with the female port in the helmet where the air hoses go and the male plug wired to a switch and power pack in the armour. That way you have the effect of the life support hoses, which you can unplug to remove the bio as per film, and keep the weight of the bio down as the batteries would be located off the mask. All in all, i think it depends if your planing to display or wear the mask and how often you do. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Well, this may be a little off topic, but you mentioned power source options, I was planning to have an audio plug, like the ones used in headphones for personal media players, with the female port in the helmet where the air hoses go and the male plug wired to a switch and power pack in the armour. That way you have the effect of the life support hoses, which you can unplug to remove the bio as per film, and keep the weight of the bio down as the batteries would be located off the mask. All in all, i think it depends if your planing to display or wear the mask and how often you do. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Yea i been tossing that idea around, i just have to find a disconnect that will work. I just want to be sure it isnt difficult to take off, if i can find a good disconnect than yea i will probably go that route.

Corey.... I'm still watching this thing!

Come on, bro..... a little birdy told me that you'll have the first one ready by next week

Once i mold this its DONE, so anything thats not perfect i have to live with untill i make another one. I am pushing pretty hard to get this done, i ordered up the a test motercycle helmet visor last night so that should be here soon as well. Its got a little bit more smoothing for me to do today and im thinking of pouring silicon tomarow. The silicone will take 24 hours to dry, and then i will be ready to start casting into it so its not far off. I just want to make sure its the best it can be.

Well, no silicon today. The weather turned bitter cold and rainy and i dont like to chance it pouring somthing like this so im waiting for tommarow. I had a chance to do some more smoothing and correcting a few symmetry problems. I have one or two things i spotted taking these pictures to smooth out before moulding but its basicaly done. All the air hose connections are on too, they are made to fit 1/4" irrigation lines. Hopefully we can get some pulls soon!

DVC00185.jpg

DVC00183.jpg

DVC00190.jpg

It rained on you for a reason, To finish smoothing the bio out. Looking forward to owning one of your bios. Beautiful bio!!!

It was a sad day yesterday... When i poured the matrix mould i totaly spaced and didnt put any air bleeder holes into the mother mould. I trapped a huge airbubble in the face and the silicon had to be thrown out. Thankfully i already ordered another gallon of silicon, and the sculpture is undamaged, so it just set me back a bit. Realy sucks to see 120$ worth of silicon just be junk, but thats what happens if you try to do to many things at once. So sorry for the delay, anyone who was waiting for this, it wil be an extra week and we will try it again! :mad:

Take your time and it will come out great. No need to rush, I'd wait more then a week even longer just to get a flawless bio.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back