Bio-mask 2.0

So sorry I replied in the wrong thread and then my wifi disconnected before I could go back and delete it my post about the shoddy cast is in reference to the Celtic auction on eBay - not your sculpt. So sorry again...I would have deleted my post sooner but I had no Internet connection until now...

Ha ..I think Jason may have replied in the wrong thread ...there is one currently about a Celtic up for auction. As for your Bio ..Its looking great! getting very close to the original. Also that P1 stunt looks about right ....compared it to the shots of my own, and while the angles of the pics are a bit different, it looks legit to me ..I can even see a few of the same casting flaws from the mold ...of course yours was cast up long before the mold made it to me. Are you trying to get as close to the original as possible? only thing I'd throw in is watch were things are rounded ..and where they are sharp ..as simple as this design was, there are so many subtle nuances that made it truly one of the best out there ..lets hear it for the original! cant wait to see this finished up

Lol nice! Yea i was a bit confused. Yea this mask is deceptivly difficult to match. The subtleties of the style and the flow of the mask are hard to match. I am going as close as i can get, with the size and shape mask its going to fit. But any critisisms you see with the mask feel free to point it out. And, if you dont mind me asking, how did you get the molds for it? Did they just go up for grabs when winston died? I was out there wile he was alive and well and i know those molds where tightly gaurded.

So sorry I replied in the wrong thread and then my wifi disconnected before I could go back and delete it my post about the shoddy cast is in reference to the Celtic auction on eBay - not your sculpt. So sorry again...I would have deleted my post sooner but I had no Internet connection until now...

Its all good man!

think it will fit a db P1 gen2? i got one in the mail should arrive tomorrow

After seeing Xterminatus's side by side compairison of the two i would say the DB is bigger, but the bio is meant to be a tiny bit big on this head. So, maybe, might be a little tight.

if the dimensions are the same as that stunt bio, it will fit a DB P1 just fine

Its smaller than the P1, to make it fit somone whos around 6 foot. Slightly different in the jaw just to match the mask its made to fit. I have been working today doing some refining, should have more pics up soon.

In what material are you sculpting? Is it epoxi?

This is Chavant Non-sulpher plasteline sir. And as an update i made the casing for the matrix mold yesterday for this mould, wont be much longer now. Just some finaly clean up and its time to pour some silicon. I will have pictures of the finished mask up soon!

This is Chavant Non-sulpher plasteline sir. And as an update i made the casing for the matrix mold yesterday for this mould, wont be much longer now. Just some finaly clean up and its time to pour some silicon. I will have pictures of the finished mask up soon!

Thats great to hear,I can't wait to get one. It looks like its coming along pretty sweet.

WOW!! Very impressed with the sculpting. In comparison to the origional it looks stunning and it would definately suit the taller fellows. Very good proportions.And im not surprised your heirloom aint goin anywhere!! Cant wait to see the finished casts.

Ok now its getting down to the last little touch ups and its ready to be moulded. I have been buffing and buffing with an old pair of panty hoes and 91% rubbing alcahol, then torching it to melt the surface smooth. Its almost there execpt for a few little irregular spots, and i have to add the hode connections on the side. Let me know if you see anything that needs to be fixed.
Oh and i decided to cast the laser parts seperatly thats why its still empty in there.
DVC00169.jpg

DVC00178.jpg

It looks great! The only thing that caught my eye was the moulding above the snout and eyes. Seems a little asymmetrical, but this could just be the angle of the pic. Now the price for my consultancy... one free casting! lol

Ooooh very manacing. Lookin good now. From some of the masks ive seen so far this is definately up there!! Would love to have one of the casts of this if your giong to sell any. Liking how symetrical it is as some ive seen look a little lob sided to me. But this doesnt seem to be at all. Very nice work. Keep us posted as to how it turns out. Good luck

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back