Bimmer's Movie Props - Current WIP: Batman Begins Suit (PIC HEAVY)

Re: Bimmer's Pepakura Movie Props - Current WIP: Batman Begins Suit (PIC HEAVY)

Thanks for the great comments and responses everyone. This really has been a fun (yet terribly challenging) project so far. I haven't had a conversation yet with the person who commissioned it about whether or not the files will be released. Time will tell i suppose. But for now i appreciate all the positive reinforcement i've gotten on it. It really helps keep me going and to stay motivated.

Not so much in the way of updates as school as started back up for winter term AND i'm modeling some other batman related stuff. Pictures of that probably to follow at a later date though.

Love to see a TDK suit done this way as well one day.

Love to see a TDK suit done this way as well one day.

me too! i feel like that suit would lend itself to pepakura much better than the begins suit. I'd like to tackle that eventually.. When all my current projects are finished.

The TDK suit is actually not as simple as that. There's alot o f pieces to it well over what there is in an Ironman and every piece has a small thin edge around the base. Would not be a fun suit to pep. ;) Here's the easy pieces of the suit, would be much better suited to foam or rubber building.

IMG_0115.jpg

Never thought about those small thin edges. I too, thought it would have been easier then the begins, but I see your point. Still, would love to see it done someday. I think that suit is underated.

Loved the Green Lantern ring then I scrolled down to the bat armor, wow!

Not sure if its just me, but i can't see your pic Fin. I'm sure you're right though

Here is some awesome Batman armor that would definitely lend itself to being pepped... if someone could pep this (ahem... Bimmer) I would be eternally grateful...

Wow, that is an amazing model. I really need to learn Zbrush. Thats my next goal as far as a program goes. i just need a computer that can handle it better than the one i have..

And i'd have to have that model to make it ready for pepakura.. I wish i could help ya out with that one bud! haha

ZBrushCentral - Batman DesertStorm - Comicon Enrty

Loved the Green Lantern ring then I scrolled down to the bat armor, wow!

Thank you! they were both a lot of fun to do!

Well, even if the Batman suit files aren't released (and I really, REALLY hope they are. :p) this is beautiful work. Can't wait to see the final result.

Sorry for the lack of updates, progress has been slower than desired as of late. School and work are in the full swing of things.. I also took some time off from the suit and started modeling the grapple gun for the client as well

13.jpg

14.jpg

Also, someone has ordered one of my Green lantern movie rings from shapeways.com and they received it today. Here is a low quality picture of how it turned out. I'll post newer and better pictures of the ring as he sends me more

photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Colinjohn

More pics a GL ring

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

very cool, were they expensive, I've never used shapeways and I'm kind of interested in how much this cost.

Pretty cool rig, now you just need a tinted green resin and your set. ;) Oh and great looking grapple. :thumbsup

Agreed. Amazing grapple...looking forward to seeing its progress as well as all other things Bat-related. Gotta admit though, that Lantern ring is spot on as well.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back