Best Mjolnir 2019

Put a metal cap over the screws on my King Arts Mjolnir and some fun blue weathering. This is what I did about 5-6 weeks ago so not seeing it for a while it’s looking pretty good to me

Attachments

• 85620A79-019A-4A2A-86A0-1D7077F5BA76.jpeg
    85620A79-019A-4A2A-86A0-1D7077F5BA76.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 433
  • A5A4EBFE-B182-46B5-B4BE-C2E7C93A55F0.jpeg
    A5A4EBFE-B182-46B5-B4BE-C2E7C93A55F0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 453
Beautiful piece!

Asking the experts here: how hard would it be to convert a Hasbro into a decent replica with a good paint job, filling all the holes and removing the switches, replacing the fake leather on the handle etc etc.

I'm thinking of buying one off of eBay and having a go... At least it'll be the right size and proportions...

Beautiful piece!

Asking the experts here: how hard would it be to convert a Hasbro into a decent replica with a good paint job, filling all the holes and removing the switches, replacing the fake leather on the handle etc etc.

I'm thinking of buying one off of eBay and having a go... At least it'll be the right size and proportions...

I was looking into possibly doing this. I repainted my Legends Ant-Man helmet and loved how it turned out. I decided to go with a kit from the Project Runs section instead and I can tell you why.. or better yet I can show you.

This looks like a nightmare. Especially if you are going to display the hammer with the bottom side up at an angle like I plan to.

ECBC861C-29CA-430F-8992-D8AD993FFDC8.jpeg

You would have to fill two screw holes either side, 6 pins(?) on the bottom, the power switch, and battery plate. That all needs to be filled and shopped. There is also a button on the handle and writing on the pommel. I wouldn’t say it would be “hard” per-se, but it would certainly take up a good bit of time. Time is money, and a good kit may cost more, but it will save time.. and likely look better to boot!

Just my two cents.

I was looking into possibly doing this. I repainted my Legends Ant-Man helmet and loved how it turned out. I decided to go with a kit from the Project Runs section instead and I can tell you why.. or better yet I can show you.

This looks like a nightmare. Especially if you are going to display the hammer with the bottom side up at an angle like I plan to.

View attachment 1057357

You would have to fill two screw holes either side, 6 pins(?) on the bottom, the power switch, and battery plate. That all needs to be filled and shopped. There is also a button on the handle and writing on the pommel. I wouldn’t say it would be “hard” per-se, but it would certainly take up a good bit of time. Time is money, and a good kit may cost more, but it will save time.. and likely look better to boot!

Just my two cents.
Very useful perspective thanks!

I think some or most of this stuff could be fixed with a good amount of putty / epoxy + sanding & metal type finish like Alclad etc but agree it might take some time. My main concern is actually on the handle: any insights on how the faux leather is wrapped around ? Is it one long strip ? Do the rings come on top of the leather or is it just small leather sections in between the rings?

My main reason for wanting to start off of the Hasbro is that it's the right size, so far all the other kits I've seen online are undersized by a good margin.

Thanks for the pic Mr Moldmaker.The Hasbro looks really so bad from this position.And the cheap plastic feeling gives it the rest.
Thats why I bought the Cattoys...size or not...the look and the massive metalfeeling is so much better.

And about sizes...has someone the correct sizes of the real Hammer?Stunt and Hero?

Thanks for the pic Mr Moldmaker.The Hasbro looks really so bad from this position.And the cheap plastic feeling gives it the rest.
Thats why I bought the Cattoys...size or not...the look and the massive metalfeeling is so much better.

And about sizes...has someone the correct sizes of the real Hammer?Stunt and Hero?
Look at my post #92. Helps a little.

Look at my post #92. Helps a little.
I don't know if these are accurate they state the hammer is 17" long, but the Hasbro Legend is around 19"75 and it was confirmed to be the same size as the eFX and king arts which are 1:1 to the original prop a couple of posts above.

We just don't know if 19"75 is the exact size or it was rounded. Would love for somebody who owns the King arts and or Hasbro to confirm...

I'm not even sure there's one continuous leather strip on the real prop. I feel like it might be made up of 10 or so small sections stacked up together. That's what the video above kinda shows. I think the sections look like this (found the pic on Google so not mine)

Would be curious to know how the King arts or eFx are built...

I'm not even sure there's one continuous leather strip on the real prop. I feel like it might be made up of 10 or so small sections stacked up together. That's what the video above kinda shows. I think the sections look like this (found the pic on Google so not mine)

Would be curious to know how the King arts or eFx are built...

Exactly like that

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back