Best material for Iron Man Helmet

Akilo101

Hey all,

I am looking to try my hand at creating another Iron Man helmet, but want to make it as realistic as possible. The main methods I am looking at are
-3D printing
-Pepakura

I also plan to make a mold and then cast the final helmet before I start to add electronics and such

If you have made any helmets/costumes from these two methods, or have another method you perfer, I would love to hear your pros and cons about your experience.

Thank you and have a fantastic day!

I have done both and personally think 3D print is the better option. I think finishing the print is easier than printing, folding, gluing, fiberglass, etc with Pepakura

3D if you have one. I have not tried, but what I've read the time is excessive for just pieces, like 60 hours. In 60 hours I can build, plastidip, and paint 4-5 MK4 helmets, I want a 3D printer for my builds but not ready to invest until I fully have the costing and finish times researched, because of sanding and assembly.
I use 6mm HD EVA and have gotten good results with just a short time working with EVA, I can see drastic improvements since the first pieces, like anything more you do it the better you get.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back