Best Cap shield replicas?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

tommyhockey1391

Has anyone seen this new FATWS shield on Etsy? I think the front is almost spot on - star and blue circle a bit too big, star groove could be a bit deeper, but the overall look is the closest I've seen. The back is lacking though.

Star is inaccurate. The lines in the middle should not be parallel, they should meet at a short center side. The pentagons are also too close to the edges of the Star

CD4A4F98-0DAB-40DD-B1F3-77B7B28D3043.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

AgentOfShield

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I drew this up years ago but the offset rings look to be so that the rings can stack on each other without falling through, with the center cap probably JB welded in place or something.

Also I'd like to think the bracket is set such that the star points the same way regardless of what arm is holding the shield, which makes sense from a symmetry standpoint and is something that no replica has gotten right except for probably the Masterworks shields (and maybe EFX depending on their casting process).

Ratios correspond with a 24" diameter with 9" blue circle, photos below likely have some distortion from the camera but the numbers make sense
Stumbled upon a TFA behind the scenes video on youtube and it looks like the bracket does point with the star to make it symmetrical when held with either arm:

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.22.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.24.04 PM.png

osufan24

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone checked this shield out? Just curious how it measures up.

AgentOfShield

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone checked this shield out? Just curious how it measures up.

I believe that's the etsy storefront for Shield Labs, looks like his latest revisions have gotten more accurate which is nice! Some of the center stars have off-center center points for the brushed pattern though and the etched lines on the star are off as a result

tennantlim

I'm in Singapore and have been looking to acquire a good quality, relatively accurate metal shield. Shield Labs was my first choice but Casey will not ship this way. Reached out to Alan Walker and he's declined to ship here too. None of the China ones are acceptable.

Gutted. I've resigned to admiring photos of the wonderful shields mentioned in this awesome thread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.