Best Cap shield replicas?

Has anyone seen this new FATWS shield on Etsy? I think the front is almost spot on - star and blue circle a bit too big, star groove could be a bit deeper, but the overall look is the closest I've seen. The back is lacking though.

Star is inaccurate. The lines in the middle should not be parallel, they should meet at a short center side. The pentagons are also too close to the edges of the Star

CD4A4F98-0DAB-40DD-B1F3-77B7B28D3043.jpeg

I drew this up years ago but the offset rings look to be so that the rings can stack on each other without falling through, with the center cap probably JB welded in place or something.

Also I'd like to think the bracket is set such that the star points the same way regardless of what arm is holding the shield, which makes sense from a symmetry standpoint and is something that no replica has gotten right except for probably the Masterworks shields (and maybe EFX depending on their casting process).

Ratios correspond with a 24" diameter with 9" blue circle, photos below likely have some distortion from the camera but the numbers make sense
Stumbled upon a TFA behind the scenes video on youtube and it looks like the bracket does point with the star to make it symmetrical when held with either arm:

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.22.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.24.04 PM.png

Has anyone checked this shield out? Just curious how it measures up.

I believe that's the etsy storefront for Shield Labs, looks like his latest revisions have gotten more accurate which is nice! Some of the center stars have off-center center points for the brushed pattern though and the etched lines on the star are off as a result

I'm in Singapore and have been looking to acquire a good quality, relatively accurate metal shield. Shield Labs was my first choice but Casey will not ship this way. Reached out to Alan Walker and he's declined to ship here too. None of the China ones are acceptable.

Gutted. I've resigned to admiring photos of the wonderful shields mentioned in this awesome thread.

so is there still no such thing as a replica that has the star machined with appropriate grooves around its perimeter rather than shallow etching

Star is inaccurate. The lines in the middle should not be parallel, they should meet at a short center side. The pentagons are also too close to the edges of the Star

View attachment 1449691
You are correct on the star, I have been working on getting it more accurate, just have to get through parts first.
Looks like it's missing the groove on the outermost red ring as well, the paint job is superb though
We actually added the groove to outer ring, I just haven't updated the pictures.

You are correct on the star, I have been working on getting it more accurate, just have to get through parts first.

We actually added the groove to outer ring, I just haven't updated the pictures.
That’s exciting news. I’ll definitely consider getting that new version (and covering it in fake blood)

I'm a couple years late to the Franklin Institute party, but the Endgame shield was added a few months after the exhibit's opening. I didn't see any pictures of it back around that time.

I was wondering why the strap bracket thingy was slightly askew, but, as AgentOfShield pointed out, it's aligned with the star. The whole thing was rotated slightly so that one of the points faced straight up
20190908_170903.jpg
20190908_171007.jpg
20190908_170911.jpg

Last edited:
It looks to me like they displayed the shield up side down which is why they had to tilt it to have the star pointed up. I think if they had set it up with the point facing bottom left in the first pic facing up the straps on the back would have aligned horizontally imo.

Here are pictures of the Shield Labs one I received which is currently being replaced.
İt looks so beautiful , hello, can you give all the dimensions of this shield. How many cm are the circles etc.? I've been wanting to do it for years, but I wanted to know the dimensions. Thank you.

It looks to me like they displayed the shield up side down which is why they had to tilt it to have the star pointed up. I think if they had set it up with the point facing bottom left in the first pic facing up the straps on the back would have aligned horizontally imo.
Common misconception but like I mentioned in my earlier posts, one of the star points would line up with the same direction the forearm is pointing when holding the shield. In other words, if the brackets were horizontal on the back, then one of the star points would be pointing perpendicular to the floor on the front

Common misconception but like I mentioned in my earlier posts, one of the star points would line up with the same direction the forearm is pointing when holding the shield. In other words, if the brackets were horizontal on the back, then one of the star points would be pointing perpendicular to the floor on the front

So do you mean like this image where Cap is holding the shield by his side and one point of the star would be pointing directly up if his arm was horizontal and his arm is in line with the horizontal sides of the other 2 stars or am I missing the point and we are talking about different shields?

Screenshot (140).jpg

Screenshot (141).jpg

Or where Loki is impersonating Cap and again the top point does seem to be pointing directly up if the shield were horizontal.
captainloki.jpg

I am not trying to pick a fight here by just demonstrating where my common misconception came from.

Last edited:
So do you mean like this image where Cap is holding the shield by his side and one point of the star would be pointing directly up if his arm was horizontal and his arm is in line with the horizontal sides of the other 2 stars or am I missing the point and we are talking about different shields?

View attachment 1472528
View attachment 1472530

Or where Loki is impersonating Cap and again the top point does seem to be pointing directly up if the shield were horizontal.
View attachment 1472531
I am not trying to pick a fight here by just demonstrating where my common misconception came from.
I explain it above as well as another post previously in this thread

View attachment 1472528
View attachment 1472530

View attachment 1472531
The tricky thing is if you've ever held a relatively accurate shield replica yourself you'd find that the forearm strap is bigger/looser than the hand strap, so the shield doesn't line up perfectly with your forearm in most positions due to the fact that the forearm strap isn't tightened on the holder's arm:

Screenshot (140).jpg
cap_shield_crossfade.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.22.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.24.04 PM.png

As for the Loki image, he's likely holding the forearm strap with his hand here because of where his elbow is:
captainloki.jpg

Last edited:
The tricky thing is if you've ever held a relatively accurate shield replica yourself you'd find that the forearm strap is bigger/looser than the hand strap, so the shield doesn't line up perfectly with your forearm in most positions due to the fact that the forearm strap isn't tightened on the holder's arm:

View attachment 1472554View attachment 1472555
View attachment 1472556
View attachment 1472562

As for the Loki image, he's likely holding the forearm strap with his hand here because of where his elbow is:
View attachment 1472559

Well I actually own 3 full size replicas, 2 spun aluminum and an EFX shield signed by Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and Hayley Attwell and I have never noticed the offset on any of them and it is possible to tighten the forearm strap on all of them and Cap's movie shield as he demonstrated in Endgame. So to prove you wrong I went and took my displayed EFX shield off of the wall and guess what, you are perfectly correct and I never noticed that before!!! I normally have it displayed on the wall with the star pointing up because of Chris's signature so never noticed the straps were not horizontal. I have attached another photo of my EFX shield and the way it is sitting the arm straps are horizontal to the floor and the star IS Tilted!!!!! Good call and sorry to have questioned your knowledge on this ;)

20210702_151240.jpg

Well I actually own 3 full size replicas, 2 spun aluminum and an EFX shield signed by Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and Hayley Attwell and I have never noticed the offset on any of them and it is possible to tighten the forearm strap on all of them and Cap's movie shield as he demonstrated in Endgame. So to prove you wrong I went and took my displayed EFX shield off of the wall and guess what, you are perfectly correct and I never noticed that before!!! I normally have it displayed on the wall with the star pointing up because of Chris's signature so never noticed the straps were not horizontal. I have attached another photo of my EFX shield and the way it is sitting the arm straps are horizontal to the floor and the star IS Tilted!!!!! Good call and sorry to have questioned your knowledge on this ;)

View attachment 1472587
Nice! I'm glad you were able to confirm with an EFX shield as reference (y) As for the strap of course it is possible to tighten it but I figured they usually don't because they often don't need to for most shots :unsure:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back