Berserker Predator Attempt

jayart05

Hello all fellow Hunters........HunterPred05 here......(over here) ....

Well this is my first attempt at a Predator skin (Thanks MacGuyver) via the Mr Incredible Huntorial. I have a new found respect, not that I lacked any, for all of you who have done this in the past. My back is killing me...LOL.

I just finished my fourth coat....seems to be going ok....I cant wait to get started painting.

I have to say however....during the next few pictures you see, you will find that I had (because of funds) to buy a commercial Berserker bio/mask.

I hate to have had to resort to that but, soon I will remedy this be getting a mask and bio from of the great members here, hopefully.

This pics will also include the left arm gauntlet that I did with foam. (Youtube courtesy RockManMB ).

So here we go:

Left arm gauntlet...STAGE 1
2010_09_25_23.31.04.jpg

Gauntlet STAGE 2
2010_09_26_15.03.53.jpg

Gauntlet STAGE AWESOME
2010_09_26_16.31.20.jpg

2010_09_26_16.51.07.jpg

That's where I am so far...let me know what you guys think....I have some demon gloves....I will post the results on that later...

I will start doing some painting on the skin tonight.

Till next time....."turn around"...LOL wow that was unnecessary...LOL

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an update on the Berserker skin.....started painting some last night on the right pectoral.....looks pretty good....using an Acrylic paint. I will do some darker undertones on the rest of the skin....giving depth and what not. I'm going to touch up this one....

I was a little excited and should have thought of that first...LOL

Predator_skin_detail.jpg

I honestly think that the rubie's mask looks pretty cool for that price !! ;)

Yeah....I was actually shocked when I saw that they had finally incorporated some actual dreads to this model.

The first one didnt make any sense to me. I bought it and had to hot glue gun some dreads to it. Like in the Huntorial. I think they may have gotten some negative feed back on the first AVP model.

The only thing that caught me by surprise was that they didnt make it a seperate bio and mask like the AVP one .

Its only Bio and Dreads.

Here is an update on the Berserker skin...did about 2 hours on the painting. Coming along nicely I think. Once i finish i will go back and spray on some highlights in certan areas.

UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!
Berserker_Skin_and_Mask_Test.JPG

So this is the skin at about 40% completion. I like the way the pattern is coming out. I'm going extreamly detailed as you can see. That's just me. The mask needs some tweeks, I dont really like how the jaw bone hangs. I'm probably gonna try some good old fashioned super glue on it. I'm also going to paint it a little bit. It's too black compared to the actual berserker.

ENJOY

Ok, so last night i was so tired, I couldn't really do anything so I just worked on the Berserker hands. i put on the Gauntlet that I completed the other day looks pretty cool.

Hope you like it. Blade Gauntlet will be tonight.

This use to be a Red Demon glove that I got from a local halloween store.

Berserker_glove.jpg

Lookin' good. It's awesome you have the patients to do that paint scheme.

This use to be a Red Demon glove that I got from a local halloween store.
I have the same gloves.
What did you paint them with? I haven't painted mine yet but I was going to paint them the same way I've been doing the latex (ProsAide/paint/permawet). Someone PM'ed me and said he had issued with the paint sticking to the vinyl. Is your paint sticking well?

I've got those same gloves on the way from ebay. Awesome work on the hand, looks really cool, sets the gauntlet off perfectly. Looking forward to the updates.

Lookin' good. It's awesome you have the patients to do that paint scheme.

I have the same gloves.
What did you paint them with? I haven't painted mine yet but I was going to paint them the same way I've been doing the latex (ProsAide/paint/permawet). Someone PM'ed me and said he had issued with the paint sticking to the vinyl. Is your paint sticking well?

Thanks .....I actually had that problem last year when I did an Alien costume. I purchased some alien-like latex hands and spray painted them. not only did it NOT stick...but it also never dried.

This time I purchased a Gray PRIMER. Gave the gloves a coat of the primer. Afetr it dried, I applied my Tan color. I looked for an Acrylic or Latex based spray paint.

I dried and it seems to be sticking pretty good.

I just tried to rub it off just now and it took a REALLY hard rub to come off at all.

Looks like its good. I used regular acrylic paints for the details.

Hope this helps.

BLADE GAUNTLET

OK....So here is a break down step by step (kind of) of my foam construction of the Berserker Blade Gauntlet.

Again, if you refer to the Left Arm Guantlet above in previous discussions, you will get a list of materials that I used.

Here is the foam base, again using the oven to shape, then applying two layers of thin adhesive foam
Second_View.jpg

This is the other side
Foam_Base.jpg

I used 2 pieces of the same foam for the base, shaped them and them hot glued them in place
Foam_Base_2.jpg

Top View
Details.jpg

The details are simply precise cuts of the thin adhesive foam. I did the best I could to go by the pics I had.
Details_2.jpg

Second side....also incorporated a few extra layers around the side of the blade slot and behind.
Blade_Slot.jpg

This was about 2 coats of prime. Consider the foam will absorb some paint.
Top_View.jpg

Other side
Prime_Base.jpg

Two coats of the base color
View_2.jpg

Other Side
Initial_Base_Color_Coat.jpg

Final paint, with blade.....(blade will be altered later)
Berserker_Blade_Gauntlet.JPG

Other side
Berserker_Blade_Gauntlet_2.JPG

There it is so far. I will be going back tonight and extending the blade slot forward after examining the Berserkers Gauntlet a little more. His is a little more curved and flush at the top but there was only so much I could do. I'm pleased with it. I'm sure I'll come up with something after i go back and work on it tonight.

Enjoy.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back