Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well ya can't make an omelette without breaking eggs!

And those wonky side tubes have to go anyway, the upper and lowers both sides were all replaced with lovely straight Plastruct tube on the original.
Upper tubes to be replaced as well ?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
EMA Models. 12.7 and 7.9 colored butyrate tube. Also the 3.2mm red white and black for the vocoder wire sleeving. And get their K&S aluminium tubes. 1.6mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm, 4mm. You'll need the aluminium tubes for the vocoder rivnuts and the couplings sticking out the back of the tusk tubes.

And the dished head 152.4mm.

Last edited:

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
EMA Models. 12.7 and 7.9 colored butyrate tube. Also the 3.2mm red white and black for the vocoder wire sleeving. And get their K&S aluminium tubes. 1.6mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm, 4mm. You'll need the aluminium tubes for the vocoder rivnuts and the couplings sticking out the back of the tusk tubes.

And the dished head 152.4mm.
Thanks Marcus your a gent
I’ve already got the dish just in mid throws of filling and rubbing

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Every time I look at it I get panic attacks and palpitations
But I sit back relax and say
“it’s all going to be fine you’ve got this”

Then the wife says
“WTF have you done”
“ Do you remember how much that cost “

then I panic again :oops::lol:
Don´t worry...Milliput superfine can repair everything! :D (y)

gonk27

Sr Member
The teeth ?
good job you told me what to get 3 or even 4 years ago
I need to buy some more tube as I’ve used the other stuff on other projects
It's a good idea to give the smaller upper tubing a quick soak in boiling water, to soften the plastic enough to give them a natural bend when you push them against the sides of your mask's face. It's not vital but makes them easier to fit to your mask. (Lower tubes don't bend so they're simple).

I helped with kurtyboy with this when I discovered the tubes had been replaced, there are some odd angles to work out around where the tubes meet near the front but I didn't think to keep the photos I took I'm afraid.

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any progress on the mask?
Been away In London with the family and having my laptop looked at
Back home working
I’ve looked at it a couple of times, I’ve definitely got lots of questions to ask and pictures to look at
I will get back on it this week and lots more at the weekend
Also trying to cram in some research on using blender

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Messed with the collar today not much to show
Got a massive 3D print on so I can’t cut, fill and sand the mask
6B80E2B0-40A9-443B-8F8E-02374F564D9B.jpeg
CEF7738C-78D9-494F-96AB-3944FDAC1C52.jpeg
6FD6FC72-118C-40D6-AF0B-AC6F8A464660.jpeg
E5E7FD2B-26CA-4D8A-B3B1-5F795E05CCB1.jpeg

I will cut it to size when the lower mask is at the right stage

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve also been working on and learning a new skill !!!
designed in fusion 360 and the details are being added in blender ( the new skill )
Oh boy !!! at the age 53 trying to learn and hope it sinks in is not an easy task
Thanks goes out to gonk27 for his measurements and kurtyboy for his initial design and positioning, I redid the design and started to play in blender
5687E3AD-C223-4DEF-861F-A819C16EE7F0.jpeg
Left side ribbed hose, still working progress as I need to refine the details and I’m struggling adding a cloth texture,
a test print is on the resin printer at the moment, more pics later

Last edited:

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You're really scoring high with these. I can't wait to upgrade now.
I can’t wait to see them on your build, the texture for the cloth is so tiny I’m not even sure you will notice it much with the naked eye
I’ve not set up the tenacious resin for these hoses, I will set it up when the designs for both hoses are done

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.