Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Great order in the yellow drawers. That’s a smart way to store the bits.
what tools and what technique are you going to use to cut the mask in half?
That’s what I’ve been pondering over- “do I cut the lower tusks off first, then cut the jaw or do you cut from the back and try and keep the tusks. I assume a wire saw is the thing to use but I need to research it more.

ahhhh, mmmmmm, let me ponder that question a while.

im going to cut the jaw off where ........
no im going to cut just under the...........
no cut just over the..........
ha ha I don’t know yet I’m still staring at it
while its still in one piece I’m going to do the crown first, when I’ve decided the rest you will see here first
I’m going to use my trusty dremmel, hacksaw blades, files and anything with a sharp edge,
I’m not going to worry or think to hard about cutting it I’m just going to do it and worry about it later, life’s to short for stress, especially at my age

I’ve been working on replicating the grill for the neck collar to be photo etched, it’s been a bit of a struggle as nothing is symmetrical on the original piece, as for a cad drawing everything is perfect, this is my 5th attempt, I’ve had to keep altering the the measurements 100ths of a mm, Just to confirm my measurements then a price for etching
View attachment 848338

Not much help. i know, but in this shot of R2-D2, it looks like his scanner has the same mesh.....

Rich esb-scanner.jpg

esb-scanner.jpg

0533776C-F9E8-4EE9-BEDD-520888BC3AE2.jpeg
Research Research Research !!!
I’ve done with research for a while
But I have some interesting leads !!
I’ve decided to play a little

Last edited:
C422FF22-FF88-4476-902D-7AF410275E7E.jpeg
CFAB1176-636F-4EF4-B706-A2F71C6EDAC5.jpeg
E4AA20EF-0382-47C8-A3AA-691A520BE8EE.jpeg

I thought I would try a little mock up
I thought I would try and reference from my phone but the WiFi was rubbish, so over the next couple of days I’m going to do what I should have done and print some reference pics off
Before you say it
YES the crown is in the wrong position
Silly me !!

The large pics on the new forum setup is fantastic

excellent research work, congratulations
I have years following this type of post since my intention is to have a Reveal helmet in my collection, I am waiting for a mask that I bought from the bust of Sideshow, I would only have to do the whole part of the chin and neck. I'll be consulting in a couple of months

I have years following this type of post since my intention is to have a Reveal helmet in my collection, I am waiting for a mask that I bought from the bust of Sideshow, I would only have to do the whole part of the chin and neck. I'll be consulting in a couple of months
:lol: Consulting !!
I need to find somebody to consult first :lol:

That was you who took that from me?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back