Battleship <Spoilers> don't look if you have not seen it.

Contec

Master Member
Just came back from seeing it....WOW, what an action filled movie!
Somethings was unreal (what do you expect from a movie about aliens) but for an action movie it was great.

The Aliens design's was nice, The suits was cool looking and hope someone here makes one :)

That Alexander skarsgård died almost right in the beginning of the movie was a surprise, so was not having Liam Nesson more than in the beginning and in the end.

The "drop anchor and spin the ship around" scene was cool. So was the scenes with the black amputee guy.

The Story:

I have a feeling that the alien's was not really Evil in the movie.
First the Earth ships Honks at the Aliens, who reply's with their bigger horns---Which also destroys the glass on the destroyer ship (but not on the little dingy boat that is just right next to the Aliens :confused) The US ship feels that destroying a ships windows are an act of war so they lob a round on the Alien ship....and the war is on.

The aliens also only attack what they feel (sees) as a threat. Their nifty little helmet has that pop up display with Green for No Threat and Red for Threat.
I think the whole thing was a misunderstanding from the start.

Link to the Game it's based on:
The battleship b1...c5 etcscene was good and fitted in the movie without feeling like a joke. Sadly, they did not have a "you sunk my battleship" line in the movie. tho they had a line like "they are not gonna sink this battleship"
Great Movie and I'm gonna get the DVD when it comes.:thumbsup

I'll catch it on Netflix if I want a laugh, but I'm so not going to spend money on a movie marketed based on a board game. If you want to make an action movie, that's fine, but try to tie it to a board game, too far for me.

I haven't seen this, nor am I going to go out of my way to, but I'm sure I'll eventually catch it once it pops up on NetFlix. I'm not at all surprised that Neeson and Skarsgard were in it as little as they were, something tells me they prpbably weren't too upset about it either.

It's not that much tied to the board game. I think they just took a that part of the game so that they could cash in from Hasbro to sponsor them. The also seemed to be Sponsored by LG because most of the cellphones they use is an LG phone.
Cheap tricks to let other company's pay for the movie.

I'm torn on whether or not to see the movie, at first I had no interest but from watching a couple of scenes at WonderCon it didn't look quite as bad as the trailers made it out to be. I might just watch for the convenience store break in scene alone, that was a pretty funny scene and might be worth the price of admission.

I'll catch it on Netflix if I want a laugh, but I'm so not going to spend money on a movie marketed based on a board game. If you want to make an action movie, that's fine, but try to tie it to a board game, too far for me.

I agree. I'm holding out for either Chutes and Ladders, or Candyland. Kerplunk in a pinch.

Aren't they all museum ships now? I thought the last couple had been de-mothballed and handed over.

how do they explain the battleships...........seeing as tho all of ours are in mothballs or museums.
When the aliens destroys all the new ships they sailers only have one ship still left inside the "force bubble"
They start up the old Battleship Missouri with the help of old veteran sailers.
Apparently the old ship still have fuel and a couple of live rounds inside it.

It is a GOOD ACTION FILLED MOVIE.

The same explanation of why there are aliens floating in the Pacific Ocean. It's a movie.

10856313.jpg

No, there are still a few up in the boneyards. No more New Jersey types, just smaller older ones. Washington class, I believe.

Not that it really matters but our last battleships weren't New Jersey class, they were Iowa class battleships; everybody just forgets that since the New Jersey and Missouri are probably the most famous of them.

No, there are still a few up in the boneyards. No more New Jersey types, just smaller older ones. Washington class, I believe.

Actually all that are left are the Iowa's. All 4 are museums now.

The Wisconsin is right next to Norfolk at Nauticus, a marine / naval museum.

Battleship Wisconsin | Nauticus

The Iowa is in Ca. I think. Missouri is at Pearl Harbor, and the New Jersy is well... in New Jersey

Last edited:
Yes, Aliens love to remove the sexual organs from cows. At least that's what the farmer on Discovery said.

I think it's a cover up.

Nobody wants the forensics to show a cow was diddled.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back