Battleship <Spoilers> don't look if you have not seen it.

If they wanted to make a good battleship movie, Steven Seagal, Tommy Lee Jones, and a topless Erika Eleniak should've been in it.:love:cool

Am i the Only one that have SEEN the movie?.... It's a Good movie.

I saw it today. Thought it was a great action film. Hated Rihanna. But hey, you can't have everything. I disagree with your thoughts of the aliens intentions though. When Hopper had physical contact with the first alien, there's sone sort of unintentional psychic link-thing. You see the aliens conquest plans in his eyes. Definately an invasion. I was surprised, considering the current trend, that I was the only person who stayed for the end credit scene.

I'll catch it on Netflix if I want a laugh, but I'm so not going to spend money on a movie marketed based on a board game. If you want to make an action movie, that's fine, but try to tie it to a board game, too far for me.
:rolleyes

Yeah but the Pirates films are based on a rickety old Disney ride and look how popular they are, plus all the money they made.

I saw it today. Thought it was a great action film. Hated Rihanna. But hey, you can't have everything. I disagree with your thoughts of the aliens intentions though. When Hopper had physical contact with the first alien, there's sone sort of unintentional psychic link-thing. You see the aliens conquest plans in his eyes. Definately an invasion. I was surprised, considering the current trend, that I was the only person who stayed for the end credit scene.

The alien mind meld thing was over in two seconds. I thought it looked like it was the aliens planet that was destroyed or wartorn. Then Hopper had that line " It's bad....It's we gonna need a new planet bad!"
Blink and you miss it..

Battleship

You know. I'm looking forward to seeing this film..i know the plot is over the top. But when do you see the old Battlewagons back in action in a film.Space Cruiser Yamamto for us yanks..

Re: Battleship

Just got back from seeing it. Very good popcorn flick. Lots of action too. It's long though, coming in at 2 hours 11 minutes.

I was surprised on how much they actually worked the board game into this. Subtle things that you pick up during the film.

I'd see it again.

So I saw it tonight, surprisingly good. First movie since Top Gun to make being in the Navy look cool. I could have done without Rhianna.

Not a bad movie, and yes, they DO work in how the game is played into a part of the movie in a way that makes reasonable sense (I never would have guessed anyone could write the game into the movie in a way that won't make you laugh but I gotta give them credit for how they did it). Just look past all the holes in logic, physics and military reality and enjoy yourself.
No spoilers, but YES, the USS Missouri does slug it out with an alien spacecraft near the end. I was amazed at how good a job they did with the digital stuff, it really looks like they got her out to sea again in some parts of the film (in other spots the movement of the ship isn't realistic, you'll know it when you see it but it's really not too bad). That to me was worth the price of admission, just to see the ending of the film. Don't leave your seat for the last about 40 minutes or so. Great role by a real-life combat wounded vet as well. Just cross the "Transformers" movies with "Independence Day" and you get the idea.
Good "popcorn flick," I really liked it and will surely get it on DVD when it comes out.

Not that I recall, especially since no battleships (real or CGI) were sunk in the film...

Only one of the old ww2 vets said something similar to that during the final battle. " they ain't gonna sink this ship" or something like that.

I really didn't plan on seeing this movie but after reading these reviews it sounds like something I may go see now.

Sean

Only one of the old ww2 vets said something similar to that during the final battle. " they ain't gonna sink this ship" or something like that.
actually he said, "they aint gonna sink this battleship"

horrible movie, wooden acting, rihanna, etc

all good reasons not to watch this.
the effects are meh, good enough for cinema, but didnt overwhelm me, the story was crap, the characters were horrible, and at least in the movie i watched, they bleeped out the curses, or laid some sound over them. Why on earth would anyone do that?
like:
Mahalo, mother-(cannonfire)

horrible over all. dont go see it.

I feel like the traier should have included a disclaimer that read, "No, nobody actually says YOU SANK MY BATTLESHIP, please stop asking".

I saw bits of 'American Warship' on TV a few days ago. It's an obvious ripoff, with a battleship fighting aliens. Mario Van Pebbles and Carl Weathers do just enough to get their paycheck.

Battleship is probably Shakespeare compared to this turkey.

Battleship is not a piece of cimema history, but its worth the watch on the big screen, just a updated version of Independence day on water. Not any worse then the Avengers, big screen,lots of action .I know most people have gone crazy over the Avengers ,but i wasnt impressed .Your typical action movies for the summer.

Battleship is not a piece of cimema history, but its worth the watch on the big screen, just a updated version of Independence day on water. Not any worse then the Avengers, big screen,lots of action .I know most people have gone crazy over the Avengers ,but i wasnt impressed .Your typical action movies for the summer.
comparing avengers to battleship is like comparing godzilla and jurassic park

both have big lizards, still the films are nothing alike

appart from which, Avengers have all good actors, battleship has wood puppets, and rihanna

battleship effects are mediocre at best, if you look into them, while avengers nailed the effects.

Also Avengers has a story that is based on a Story that reaches back so far, and is also backed by a few other good movies.

saying Battleship was as good as Avengers is just plain stupid sorry.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back