Battleship 2012

As for Battleship, I'll go into it expecting Sy-Fy level cheesy badness, and who knows, it may be better than I expect.

Now that you mention it, it does look a lot like a Sci-Fi made-for-tv movie with a much bigger budget.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, I meant "Syfy". Derp. :rolleyes

This film will be 100% worth watching only if we see Liam Neesom at the end of the film, floating in the ocean holding onto piece of ship wreckage, and looking up, shaking his fist in the air, and yelling "YOU SANK MY BATTLESHIP!!"

i've lost track of how many people have said that and still think they're the first to do so. it gets lamer every time.

Ha! It'd be so funny if Liam Neeson said in his grimmest tone "You sank my battleship!"

They should really make a movie about that.

The only way I will accept this movie as Hasbro's Battleship movie is if Liam Neeson says "You SANK my Battleship!", and then immediately following the end credits Rihanna does a Jamaican Dancehall remix with said exclamation from the movie.

I want to see "Rubiks Cube", i think that would make a great movie, it could be like Tron based, where they jazz around in mini rip 'n' go bikes, trying to get those colored blocks in line.
Shia Lebouf gets to play the witty hero shrunken down to take on the evil Rick Moranis..... itll work, somebody rustle up a script on a Burger King napkin.

Lee

I hope the movie does really well. Then maybe we'll get a full length feature based on CROSSFIRE.

The old CNN show? I'd rather see a film about Even Stephven.

If this one does well, I'm betting we'll see:

- Hungry Hungry Hippos: The Movie

- Monopoly: The Movie

- Chutes and Ladders: The Movie.

ONE...
TWO...
THREE...
YOU'RE DEAD!

CONNECT FOUR: THE MOVIE
Pretty Sneaky Sis

I'll be there to see Battleship - only because Battleships are cool and my son wants to see it.

This film will be 100% worth watching only if we see Liam Neesom at the end of the film, floating in the ocean holding onto piece of ship wreckage, and looking up, shaking his fist in the air, and yelling "YOU SANK MY BATTLESHIP!!"

HAHA, although I didn't actually see any real battleships in the trailer. A few destroyers and frigates then the Carrier. Does the USN even have anything in line with a battleship anymore?

I want to see "Rubiks Cube", i think that would make a great movie, it could be like Tron based, where they jazz around in mini rip 'n' go bikes, trying to get those colored blocks in line.
Shia Lebouf gets to play the witty hero shrunken down to take on the evil Rick Moranis..... itll work, somebody rustle up a script on a Burger King napkin.

Lee

Little known fact. There was a Rubik's Cube TV show, a cartoon, in the 80s.

It was bad.

The horror.

Little known fact. There was a Rubik's Cube TV show, a cartoon, in the 80s.

It was bad.

The horror.

That fact is only little known to those born too late to enjoy the 80's. The fact that it was part of the Menudo on ABC line up - and they sang the theme song and that the kids in the cartoon were Mexican always confused me.
*Rubik* The Amazing Cube* Cartoon ~ Opening Intro - YouTube
This came on around the time Pac Man and Dungeons and Dragons did.

Yep. That all sounds about right, timeline-wise. I think Kidd Video was also on around that time, but that might've been a year or two later.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back