Batman the dark knight suit options questions

NEOAS

Hello to everyone!! Im new at this site!

I want to say hi to all the people on this stuff! :thumbsup

The thing is...

Ive been investigating about tdk replica suits.

Ive get to the conclusion that the best are:
Ud replicas
gotham city fx
hells kitchen.

So, i know the prices of: Gotham city fx suit and ud replcias.

Does anybody knows the price of hells kitchen suit?...thanks for the answer!

And the other...

What cowl and cape do you recomend me...??
Ive been thinking on gotham city fx cowl and cape.

When i have the complete suit of course i will put photos of that!!
Of course some party photos with ladys too!! Haha they get crazy when the see a real batman!

Thank you very much!! :D

HK suits depend if they're latex or urethane. I don't have a whole lot of experience with HK but last I heard the latex suits run for around $2K-$3K and the urethane suits (much better build and 100% screen accurate) go for around the $7K range. Bear in mind that GCFX has been banned from this forum for recasting so you may not hear much positive things about them here. There's also been some bad press on HK lately with late or no deliveries though earlier customers have had no issues except for long production times.

If you decide to go with HK or GCFX, they'll supply you with their own cowl. I've owned a GCFX and coofunkcurly cowl and I much prefer the latter, the GCFX cowl is made for very small heads (less than 22" around) and is less breathable because it's made with thicker urethane. HK cowls are also made for smaller heads, in the 22" to 23" range. From everything I've heard, coofunkcurly's cowls are the most comfortable and certainly true in my experience between his cowl and the GCFX cowl. They're sized for larger heads (23" to 24"+) but they have good stretch to them and even with a smaller head (mine is 22.75") if you wear an underhood, the cowl will fit you perfectly. If you do the UD suit with coofunkcurly's cowl, see my thread (page 2) for some tips and what the UD jacket looks like with his cowl/neck setup:
http://www.therpf.com/f67/ud-replicas-dark-knight-mods-163747/index2.html

I've seen GCFX's cape on eBay, it doesn't look that great. I have coofunkcurly's screen accurate cape and I would recommend that any day. His capes run pretty long as he made them to drag on the ground a bit, same as the hero capes in the movies. A lot of the action shots from the movie used a stunt cape which was shorter and didn't drag. There's another eBay seller (iconic-collectibles) also selling capes for cheaper than coofunkcurly; from the pics they look decent and they can cut them to any length in case you want it shorter, but I don't have any experience with them.

I can't speak for your luck with the ladies but I will tell you, people LOVE Batman everywhere. You'll certainly have no problems getting asked for pics at parties :thumbsup

Last edited:
alright!! thank you very much for that review!! it was very useful to me. when i have my suit i will post a couple of photos so you can see the results!! of course taking your advices!! thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

alright! thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks! ive been investigating thei around 9k is that right?!!

I'd recommend avoiding HK for the moment. Kris's priorities seem to be with his movie work, and although he's happy to promise a quick turnaround and take your money, after that he's in no hurry to keep his promises. He'll ignore your emails, occasionally promising that your suit will be done in the next week, then ignore you again for weeks. When my chest piece finally turned up, it required a fair bit of tidying up.

GCFX on the other hand, only seem to sell stuff that they actually have in stock, and therefore ship the day after you pay. I've got their cowl, belt and suit kit, and am very happy considering the price. Their chest piece is not up to what HK could produce, but better finished that what HK are currently rushing out.

I've had no experience with coolfunkcurly, but if I wasn't making my own cape, that's where I'd go.

Hi everyone! I decided to join a few minutes ago in hopes of getting help. I recently received my UD Replicas TDK jacket, pants, and gloves. The pants and gloves fit well but the jacket barely fits. Even after taking the padding out from inside, the jacket is very uncomfortable as it is very tight. It's a bummer this didn't work out because I actually spoke with David from UD Replicas on the phone to help me with sizing. Having spent so much on the jacket alone, and considering the amount of time I waited to receive it, you can imagine my frustration. At this point I plan on selling my UD Replica jacket on eBay to salvage some if not most of what I spent on it.

At this point I plan on making my TDK suit. The only resource I have being that I'm so new to this is eBay. I've narrowed my search to these: under suit from eBay user vericetti, armor pieces kit and gauntlet set from GCFX, and cape from pirate-goods. I have a couple cowls and neck pieces already. I know GCFX sells capes and under suits but they're too pricey compared to other sellers I've found, specifically from the ones I've listed. Again, I'm very new to this so please bear with me if I ask very basic questions: what kind of glue should I use to attach the armor pieces to the under suit? Does anyone have any information as far as quality of product, services, etc. on vericetti and pirate-goods? Are there other sources I can look into for these materials without spending way too much? I realize accuracy is just as important as quality if not more for a lot of you guys. I completely respect that as I have fulfilled both accuracy and quality with my other costumes I've built. However, having shelled out a pretty penny for my UD Replica suit that I probably won't be using (except the gloves), I think I'm going to have to sacrifice accuracy for quality.

I've read HK makes great suits but his prices are way out of my league. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance. I hope to hear from anyone. :)

just curious to what UD size jacket you ended up purchasing and what your height and weight and measurements were? I am hopeful for this jacket as well but without being personally measured a bit scared of having the same thing happen to me after spending so much money on a jacket.

How tight is the jacket? Mine is pretty snug but like that actually. I'm not a motorcycle rider so this is a costume for me. I'm my opinion it's better if it fits tight. As long as you can put it on and zip it up, I think you would be good.

just curious to what UD size jacket you ended up purchasing and what your height and weight and measurements were? I am hopeful for this jacket as well but without being personally measured a bit scared of having the same thing happen to me after spending so much money on a jacket.

I purchased an extra small. I stand at 5'4" weighing at 165 lbs. I don't remember the measurements I gave David when I spoke with him over the phone. I have a couple advise that will most likely help you if you plan on buying from UD Replicas:

1. Go to UD Replicas' website to obtain the different body parts needed to be measured. Take this list to a professional tailor to have the parts measured. Call David (his number is on his website) and give him those measurements adding in that they were taken by a professional tailor. This will allow David to confidentially tell you the sizes you should get for the costume you wish to buy.

2. DON'T GAIN WEIGHT before you receive your product. I made this mistake, however that was not the reason why the extra small jacket did not fit. The jacket didn't fit simply because it was too small. The bottom of the jacket couldn't even fully wrap around my waist, and I didn't gain wait in the waist. After much force, I was able to zip up the extra small but it was tight. To my knowledge, if you're using the suit solely for costuming, it should be snug, not tight. When it's snug, you should also feel comfortable. Sure, I was able to zip it up but it was so uncomfortable afterwards I couldn't wear it much longer. I knew then I screwed up when I measured myself. The weight gain might have contributed, but again IMHO the jacket was just too small. Hope that helps!

How tight is the jacket? Mine is pretty snug but like that actually. I'm not a motorcycle rider so this is a costume for me. I'm my opinion it's better if it fits tight. As long as you can put it on and zip it up, I think you would be good.

It's really tight. Amazingly I can put the zippers together as much force, and be able to zip it up. When that's all set to go, it feels like there's a chain wrapped around my chest, abdomen, and waist tied tight so hard it's hard to be comfortable for seconds.

I decided to buy another UD Replicas jacket but this time from a reputable official UD Replicas authorized dealer from eBay. I planned on purchasing a medium size but unfortunately they didn't have any in stock. They told me a size small would do me just fine after telling them my predicament with the size extra small. They sent it out to me in record time. Not only did the size small not fit, though much better than the extra small, but the jacket was in used condition. It had damages and flaws to it. I contacted the eBay seller who offered a refund or exchange for a medium granted he can get one directly from UD Replicas. Long story short, David from UD Replicas ended up calling me to say he would take care of everything. He advised first that I take out all the internal padding from the jacket because doing so would give me an extra 2" or so. After taking out the five internal paddings, the jacket finally fit snug. I still have limited range of motion (I can't lift my arms more than 90 degrees, I can't bend forward easily, and though I can cross my arms it feels unnatural doing so). When I put on the TDK pants, the bottom of the jacket was tight, and I had to put in a little elbow grease to connect the zippers. Zipping up was tight but the jacket overall fit snug. It's feels so awkward to sit down. When I bend over I have to do so like how Robocop does it in the movies. I sweat easily and quickly while in it; it's becomes hot too quickly in the suit. My final thought on the UD Replica TDK suit with the sizes I purchased when using solely for costuming: they did an impeccable job on the design work that was put into it. However, I feel it would be impractical to some point given that some simple tasks are awkward to do because of the limited range of motion the costume provides. I think the reason for the limited range of motion is because it's hard leather. Maybe time will allow it to become more easily bendable for easier movement. It becomes a bit uncomfortable after a while because you'll be hot making you sweat, maybe even sweat like a pig, since the costume is snug.

I'm sure there are hundreds of people who have purchased the UD Replicas TDK suit who have absolutely no problems. So if anyone can give me advise based on what I've described above my thoughts on the suit, does a size small work for me or should I tell David to exchange it for a medium? BTW, David told me he would send me either a small or medium, I just have to decide by wearing the size small I bought from eBay without all the padding to find out. Have any of you guys who have the TDK jacket or suit for that matter experienced what I've gone through? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Have any of you guys who have the TDK jacket or suit for that matter experienced what I've gone through? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

You really should go over your CURRENT body measurements with David over the phone again before deciding on a medium vs a small. The TDK suits are not flexible at all b/c of their rigid leather construction. If you have one body measurement that's a bit large, say your waist or chest, you MUST get the jacket size that'll accommodate that part of your body; otherwise it simply won't fit. I think that's the problem you're having given your height and weight.

I know that my jacket fits me somewhat snug but it's certainly not tight, and it still fits me with the CE armor inserts (though less comfortably). Limited range of motion on the arms is normal, you can't raise your arms straight up in the air with this jacket, but you should certainly be able to raise it 90 degrees; it's supposed to be for motorcycle use afterall! Everything should zip up w/o any real effort, I'm thinking you may have to go with a medium but I highly encourage you to check with David first. And yeah it does get hot in the suit, that part is normal.

Btw if you think the UD suits are uncomfortable and were planning to build a movie replica suit, you'll wish you went back to the UD suit. Anybody who owns a full HK or GCFX suit will tell you the same thing. The UD suits aren't 100% screen accurate but they're a thousand times easier to wear.

Last edited:
You really should go over your CURRENT body measurements with David over the phone again before deciding on a medium vs a small. The TDK suits are not flexible at all b/c of their rigid leather construction. If you have one body measurement that's a bit large, say your waist or chest, you MUST get the jacket size that'll accommodate that part of your body; otherwise it simply won't fit. I think that's the problem you're having given your height and weight.

I know that my jacket fits me somewhat snug but it's certainly not tight, and it still fits me with the CE armor inserts (though less comfortably). Limited range of motion on the arms is normal, you can't raise your arms straight up in the air with this jacket, but you should certainly be able to raise it 90 degrees; it's supposed to be for motorcycle use afterall! Everything should zip up w/o any real effort, I'm thinking you may have to go with a medium but I highly encourage you to check with David first. And yeah it does get hot in the suit, that part is normal.

Btw if you think the UD suits are uncomfortable and were planning to build a movie replica suit, you'll wish you went back to the UD suit. Anybody who owns a full HK or GCFX suit will tell you the same thing. The UD suits aren't 100% screen accurate but they're a thousand times easier to wear.

UD Replicas' size small of the TDK jacket is too snug. It certainly is uncomfortable to some degree to the point that wearing it as a costume for an event would be unbearable after a short while. Thank you for your reply. I contacted David to inform him of sending me medium as I'm sure I'm not that big to fit a size large. What is it about a GCFX suit that is a lot harder to wear compared to UD? I just hired GCFX to build me an entire suit, and now I'm curious as to how it compares with UD Replicas' suit. I'm sure I'll like both, and it'll be nice to have two versions.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back