Batman Dead End suit

very cool piece of the film. i had the chance to meet collora and alvarez on my trip to cali. I got to wear some pieces of the costume.....heck my suit is a raw pull from the dead end pred molds

I have a whole set of storyboards and behind the scene images in digital format. if you want some concept work he did for the film... send you all the files i have, just shoot me a pm with your addy and i can burn ya a disk.... no problemo

even had the chance to sport BIG RED for bit.....:love
p29.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Batarang. I got a batarang from the original molds (actually two halves that I still need to glue together and paint up), but since I got the suit I also managed to get a screen used BDE batarang (the Keaton batarang) and a story board

hmmmm ..the only screen used 'rang is still in our shop. I know the kit you got came from our shop...but not sure about the "screen used" one you have

hmmmm ..the only screen used 'rang is still in our shop. I know the kit you got came from our shop...but not sure about the "screen used" one you have

It looks like the Keaton batarang and according to Sandy it was screen used :confused

It looks like the Keaton batarang and according to Sandy it was screen used :confused

Hmmm ..well it doesnt really look like the Keaton one in my opinion...But it is possible ..Sandy did get one of the two..so if you got it from him directly Id say that it is "original" but the main master sits nicely in our shop along with its mold

So ptgreek,

What was the cowl made of? I remember watching the behind the scenes video and seeing how it flexes and turns a lot more with his head than what we've seen in the WB movies over the years.

They were made from foam latex. My guess would be that Clark's is the best preserved as he keeps it in a glass case. Ours is crumbling away ..very fragile

as for the amount of production made rangs ..well, two full ones were made and a collapsible one. Others may have been cast but never used. I have the mold..a new one was recently made to preserve the batarang in its entire form. The original was a single side cast twice then the two halves were fixed together ..filled ..then finished . the new mold is for a single pieced perfect 'rang

They were made from foam latex. My guess would be that Clark's is the best preserved as he keeps it in a glass case. Ours is crumbling away ..very fragile

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they used foam latex for the cowls in the Full Length movies too?

How come the Dead End cowl has so much more flexibility? Is it just that much thinner?

Hmmm ..well it doesnt really look like the Keaton one in my opinion...But it is possible ..Sandy did get one of the two..so if you got it from him directly Id say that it is "original" but the main master sits nicely in our shop along with its mold

This is the one I'm talking about
keaton%252520batarang.png

ahhhh ..the throwing rang ..almost forgot about that ....i forget where that actually came from ...the fighting rang was the only one fabricated for the shoot

ahhhh ..the throwing rang ..almost forgot about that ....i forget where that actually came from ...the fighting rang was the only one fabricated for the shoot

Judging by the scratches it was thrown a lot :lol
It may not have been seen on the screen, but it was used in the movie, so I'm happy. :cool

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back