Batman Begins DEMON Work In Progress..

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
"Who are you working for....."

Just the clay build up...gives you an idea of where I'm going with it though.
Fun sculpt...will be a wearable prosthetic.
Seems 'awkeward' now because the teeth are separate but once it's on and with the teeth in, I'm hoping it gives it that distorted movie look Bale had.
We'll soon see...:)

rough2.jpg

rough1.jpg

Enjoy.

David
**edited to correct the funniest spelling mistake ever...***

OH MAN, this has the potential to be a totally kick-butt piece. If the mouth will be slightly opened or a least the teeth showing, whoever buys/paints it could conceivably add the effect of that black, goopy, slime that was dripping from his mouth as he interrogated Crane...

sweeeeeettttt......

add in some red LEDs set with some sort of diffusing setup in the "eyes" and you have one scary batman.

it was my favorite of all the movie "incarnations" of him.

cant wait to see how you complete it.
chris

Thanks guys..
It's just the clay build up...no 'real' deatails yet. Should be fun to wear though....:)
The only other 'real' life-sorta head sculpt I've done is Darkness from Legend. I dont think Predator counts because he's so orgainc that adding your own flair to the sculpture really doesnt detract from the overall look..in the case of Darkness and now this Demonbat well, different story all together so it wont really be easy for me because I'm kinda out of my comfort zone but....if you dont try....:)
We'll see how this goes soon enough.
All comments much appreciated. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Nexus6 @ Jun 8 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1258738[/snapback]</div>
OH MAN, this has the potential to be a totally kick-butt piece. If the mouth will be slightly opened or a least the teeth showing, whoever buys/paints it could conceivably add the effect of that black, goopy, slime that was dripping from his mouth as he interrogated Crane...
[/b]

It's going to be a wearable prosthetic. Once on, and the teeth in, the mouth area looks like (or at least I'm hoping it will) it has thick gums...almost housing mandibles. It wont be a bust...I guess I could cast it up as such but the mouth would be closed and without the teeth.
More to come. :)

Hey Tom, how are you buddy? Ya know...with a funky paint job this mask could be right at home in the cantina scene from ANH... :p

David

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ Jun 9 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]1258904[/snapback]</div>
Very cool idea :thumbsup
[/b]

Thanks buddy. :thumbsup

Quick update...

Some funky lighting to see if I'm on the right track with the skin texture and stuff....Fun sculpt. :)

tex2.jpg

tex1.jpg

Oh and yes..the rest of the body is coming also...:)
Feedback or critiques always welcome.

David

Wow, nice progress. I felt .. fearful .. looking at the most recent pictures. :)

Any chance of other perspectives besides the profile shot?

Thanks everyone. :)
I havent updated this thread in a while, and it really is nice to see and read this kind of feedback. Mucho thanks to all. B)

Those asking for other angles....

A bit more done. The base of the neck is charred or melted looking, so if you're wondering why the neck on the right side looks weird...it's cause I'm trying to get it to look right..:)

fullheadnew3.jpg

fullheadnew1.jpg

Getting there...just like everything else...getting there.:)

David

Wow ... that looks insane - :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup ....

Great work - :) - can't wait to see it finished.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back