Bane-The Dark Knight Rises- 1:1 sculpt by Bob Dullam *June 18th update*

This is excellent! This sculpt is the first I've seen to get the back of the mask right. Any chance these busts will be offered?

Hello, greetings, I am from Ecuador and i not speaks English, is traduccido by google.
Perhaps I could explain how you give skin texture? bone that instruments or how, I would greatly appreciate if I could explain. Study art, but I'm still starting, and I'd like to learn now.
thanks

Hello, greetings, I am from Ecuador and i not speaks English, is traduccido by google.
Perhaps I could explain how you give skin texture? bone that instruments or how, I would greatly appreciate if I could explain. Study art, but I'm still starting, and I'd like to learn now.
thanks
There are lots of ways to do it. for me, I find that the best skin texture changes across the face. Otherwise it can look like a wallpaper pattern. I tend to like to make skin texture pretty busy, and messy. There are quick ways to do texture, and slow ones. I use both. Most important thing is to keep it from looking mechanical. i.e. you don't want a crease across a forehead to be uniform, and even, that will look fake. Everything on a face is in a constant state of change. And fine detail can make it or break it. I have done a few crap head busts, mostly due to lack of having put time into skin detail, skin folds etc. And it is an experience thing too. Every person is different, hence every sculpt is different. And I do hate repeating myself artistically.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. There are a couple of goofs I made, which no one has mentioned, or I suspesct no one caught (I'm not tellin). Those tubes I did were shoddy. No, I'm not talking about those, it's something I can't go back and redo.. the tubes can come and go, obviously.

Could You be talking about the missing flange of material that should be where the mask meets the face? Along the cheeks and such?
Kind of an important part.... But missing... Changes the feel of the profile..

I think that it's cool that you're doing your own thing... And I think the way that Bats goes about it is a bit counter-productive...
I think it looks cool...
I do think that there are area's that could have been modified, but it is yours... So there ya have it.
There are ways to sort out the eye replacement without dremells as well... A few tricks. And I do think that different eyes would help. Along with facial hair...
But hey... This is your thing... And it looks good...

I see this thread got bumped up.
I mentioned earler in this thread that 3-d files prob. would be avail., but now noble has the original up for sale, so I even underestimated myself how readily avail the RD would be. Henceforth, even more I wished I had done something much more original to make this piece at least feel that it was worth the time, and effort. i.e. being so painfully angst about "nailing it" just doesn't seem worth it. Seems more and more valuable to at least do your own take on stuff.

Bob, in the end it all depends on why you do what you do. For me it's the challenge, not only of capturing likeness and anatomy, but attitiude, flow, even the 'feeling' of the character (if I'm really lucky)... then there's the hair, the folds in the cloth, stitching, the texture of leather, or trying to find a way to replicate the weave in a strap... I may not get them as good as I'd like, but it's why I do what I do.

Now a scan may come along which is printed and moulded and put out there for the people who want the most perfect copy of a character, prop, or whatever... but for me, those pieces, while a marvel to look at, will never impress me as much as the one created by some one who started with a bare armature and a block of clay.

I will say that while having a 3-d scan of a person, or a lifecast may be a good ref. it really is cool when someone "nails" a likeness of that person with a facial expression. i.e. and that's sometimes a lot tougher to do. A lot of what I've done, and others do are a sort of portrait study. Most of us don't sculpt enough facial action. But this is where zbrush could help in making a good reference, before starting in on expensive materials.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back