Bandai release schedule

Just my two cents to Round two re-edits:
I understand, that there are people in nostalgic love with the old mpc kits, but I waited years for more accurate and detailed kits to be made (without spending a ransom in aftermarket-parts to get something "close" to the movie-prop).
I remember well the moment, when around 1985 I was able to get the MPC Millennium Falcon with lighting kit - here in Germany (under "Kenner" label) for around 90 dollars - a ransom in the 80's for me as a teenager - and also remembered the box-opening with first looking on the front with a big picture of the 5-footer an then discovering the rediculous reduced detailling and wrong proportions of the kit), and So I also have some nostalgic memories of the other old Star Trek- and the MPC/Kenner Star Wars-kits. But for me there is no reason after the appearing of the finemolds- and later the even more accurate Bandai-kits to cry after the old kits, as much as I enjoyed them in their time of appearing. The only reason would be the bigger size of some models (bought with the imposibility to combine kits because of the random chosen scale) or kits, that were never produced from more accurate companies.

What I would really enjoy would be a re-edit of the Bandai-Star Trek-Kits with updated LED-lighting (Ok, the were preprinted, but in a way I will never be able to be as good in painting it myself), but licensing will prevent that, and some new Star Wars or Star Trek kits like they beautiful did with Polar Lights and the 1/1000 Discovery-Enterprise...

...but that's just my humble opinion :)

I agree with you regarding the old kits. I remember as a kid in the 80’s being very disappointed when I opened the original Star Destroyer kit. It sucked! [emoji23]

But there were still some kits that I thought were pretty good for back then like the original X-Wing & tydirium shuttle. Now days the bar has definitely been raised by other companies.

Round2 said they would improve on the SW models but I don’t know to what extent.

I’m looking forward to the new SW kits they’re planning. Personally, I’m hoping we get models of the larger ships that are not in scale with Micro Machines! [emoji23]

I remember well the moment, when around 1985 I was able to get the MPC Millennium Falcon with lighting kit - here in Germany (under "Kenner" label) for around 90 dollars - a ransom in the 80's for me as a teenager - and also remembered the box-opening with first looking on the front with a big picture of the 5-footer an then discovering the rediculous reduced detailling and wrong proportions of the kit)

Sigh. Yeah, that was me in Canada in the early 80s.

What a deflated sense of being tricked and swindled...

Just my two cents to Round two re-edits:
I understand, that there are people in nostalgic love with the old mpc kits, but I waited years for more accurate and detailed kits to be made (without spending a ransom in aftermarket-parts to get something "close" to the movie-prop).
I remember well the moment, when around 1985 I was able to get the MPC Millennium Falcon with lighting kit - here in Germany (under "Kenner" label) for around 90 dollars - a ransom in the 80's for me as a teenager - and also remembered the box-opening with first looking on the front with a big picture of the 5-footer an then discovering the rediculous reduced detailling and wrong proportions of the kit), and So I also have some nostalgic memories of the other old Star Trek- and the MPC/Kenner Star Wars-kits. But for me there is no reason after the appearing of the finemolds- and later the even more accurate Bandai-kits to cry after the old kits, as much as I enjoyed them in their time of appearing.

...but that's just my humble opinion :)
I'm gonna sit over here with whomever said THIS. I had seen ANH and TESB exactly once. When I opened that MF, I thought, "M-er F-er." Ironic, isn't. This isn't like comparing some pics. In my mind, I knew if it looked like that, I'd hate the real thing. And the hull curvature issue means it's not as simple as replacing the sidewalls.
Mike Todd

Yes, it takes a LOT of effort to get a half way decent outcome using the MPC X-Wing kit. I mostly just bent out the warp, then added a thin plastic sheet between the top & bottom halves to give a good glueing surface. But it can be done. With clamps! If you enjoy doing the modeling work involved re-engineering all the bad fits and molding faults , it does translate into good value if the hours spent for the money is the metric! But it is only screen accurate to those scenes it was used in as background filler... if that matters!
Cheers! Robert

is there any rumors out there of new figure model kits? I would have thought after grievous they would have done a destroyer droid or super battledroid

is there any rumors out there of new figure model kits? I would have thought after grievous they would have done a destroyer droid or super battledroid

I saw a new S.H.Figuarts Heavy Infantry Mandalorian announced. This is a Bandai product, and a Mando license, so that suggests the license is continued even if Bandai is cutting back on SW product.

Attachments

• Mando.jpg
    Mando.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 94
I saw a new S.H.Figuarts Heavy Infantry Mandalorian announced. This is a Bandai product, and a Mando license, so that suggests the license is continued even if Bandai is cutting back on SW product.
oh bandai is cutting back on sw in general? I was hoping this was the quiet before the storm...

Although keep in mind the SH Figuarts division is independent of the modeling division (now called Bandai Spirits)

The fact that they have a license for SH Figuarts does not necessarily translate into a license for the modeling division and likewise releasing stuff from the Mandalorian does not mean they will do that on the Bandai Spirits side

I am pretty sure they are different product licenses with one being for high end collectible figures, the other being for plastic model kits

We do know for a fact that there is at least one new release from Bandai Spirits on the horizon and supposedly a big restocking in April

After that is unknown

Also, the lack of new releases in Bandai's case doe not necessarily mean they lost the license either. Looking at the Space Battleship Yamato line a similar thing is happening. Not much new after a few years of new release after new release, and what has been new has been slightly recolored or tool modified repops.

If they can still make money off restocking there really is no need to rush out new stuff anymore considering the vast catalogue they do have. Sure there are a few subjects which have not been done, but there is no rush for them either if the license is not going anywhere

restocked product is obviously still trickling in as I just got a notice one of my pre-order items (Shore Trooper) has arrived

It seems like if Academy had the license, the quality would be hit or miss, but at least we'd know what's coming--into 2025!
Academy's new F-14A (Pukin' Dogs kit) tool is amazing. The fit and detail and accuracy are top notch. They have gotten a LOT better in recent years!

SB

Man, the hype around TFA was really a kick in the pants for the SW modeling community. Let's see some more announcements, Bandai!

SB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back