Bandai release schedule

Last announcement at bandai-hobby.net is about the Rey X-wing and listed for release in april already. Google search doesn't spit an rumors about it and Bandai's twitter account is still bloated with tons of gundam and some pikachus only. Sounds pretty fake.

Did you guys see this? Round2 has acquired the Star Wars license.

Yes and as I stated in that thread, keep in mind there is no single Star Wars license. There are multiple licenses that cover different geographical areas. In this case, Bandai is licensed to sell in Japan.

While most collectors can get their hands on Bandai stuff outside Japan, it is technically outside the scope of the license, which is why companies like HLP stopped selling Bandai kits to USA buyers...

Given the reputation Bandai has built, it’ll be interesting to see what Round2 comes up with in terms of quality and accuracy...

Sean

Yes and as I stated in that thread, keep in mind there is no single Star Wars license. There are multiple licenses that cover different geographical areas. In this case, Bandai is licensed to sell in Japan.

While most collectors can get their hands on Bandai stuff outside Japan, it is technically outside the scope of the license, which is why companies like HLP stopped selling Bandai kits to USA buyers...

Given the reputation Bandai has built, it’ll be interesting to see what Round2 comes up with in terms of quality and accuracy...

Sean
Having said that, Bluefin are official distributors of Bandai Star Wars kits in N. America, just like Revell are the same for Europe and the UK.

Just my two cents to Round two re-edits:
I understand, that there are people in nostalgic love with the old mpc kits, but I waited years for more accurate and detailed kits to be made (without spending a ransom in aftermarket-parts to get something "close" to the movie-prop).
I remember well the moment, when around 1985 I was able to get the MPC Millennium Falcon with lighting kit - here in Germany (under "Kenner" label) for around 90 dollars - a ransom in the 80's for me as a teenager - and also remembered the box-opening with first looking on the front with a big picture of the 5-footer an then discovering the rediculous reduced detailling and wrong proportions of the kit), and So I also have some nostalgic memories of the other old Star Trek- and the MPC/Kenner Star Wars-kits. But for me there is no reason after the appearing of the finemolds- and later the even more accurate Bandai-kits to cry after the old kits, as much as I enjoyed them in their time of appearing. The only reason would be the bigger size of some models (bought with the imposibility to combine kits because of the random chosen scale) or kits, that were never produced from more accurate companies.

What I would really enjoy would be a re-edit of the Bandai-Star Trek-Kits with updated LED-lighting (Ok, the were preprinted, but in a way I will never be able to be as good in painting it myself), but licensing will prevent that, and some new Star Wars or Star Trek kits like they beautiful did with Polar Lights and the 1/1000 Discovery-Enterprise...

...but that's just my humble opinion :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back