Bandai release schedule

We're really only 2 years into the "Disney ruins everything" era. Prior to TLJ, we were in the "Disney knows how to do Star Wars right, thank god George Lucas retired" era.
Not really. TFA for me even back then was just ok-ish, more like a wasted potential because idea for some of the characters was ok, their execution not so much (too much ANH rehash). In case of my friends, it was 50/50 - some loved that movie, some didnt. But everyone wanted to see it because it was new star wars after all and even if they ended not liking it, they were at least interested if the next movie would finally move things forward. So, it all depended where you lived and who you and your friends are.
Also, let's not forget that TFA was like an cultural event, because it was new SW movie after decade, and everyone knows star wars (or at least felt that he should know and see it). Initial hype inflated reception at the release, but it quickly faded away and merely year after I was suprised how many people over internet actualy disliked it. All those new "fans" just quickly moved over to the next big thing and didnt even bother to defend TFA.

That's how at least thing looked like in my eastern european part of the internet.

@Inquisitor Peregrinus - cant speak for everyone obviously, but I usually buy thing from shows that I actually liked. For me bad movie can kill any interest for even the best designs (I'm looking at you Nu Gundam, it took me good few months and few next OVAs to forget how messy Char's Counterattack was to love this design again).

ANYWAY, schizophonic just posted a review of updated Falcon - バンダイ1/144 ミレニアム・ファルコン(スター・ウォーズ/スカイウォーカーの夜明け) レビュー
it loooks like bandai didnt bother to cut the new panels open, just throwed two new figs, new dish and called it a day :p

Last edited:
I mean it makes sense from a production standpoint; why would you permanently modify a perfectly working steel mold when it's cheaper to cast a new one from scratch, especially since the changes would amount to one (1) dish and two (2) figures.

Woah, what's up with the quad cannon on top? Does that whole center section rotate now?
They rotate in TFA too...
Yep, it must be a JJ thing

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 09.49.34.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 09.42.34.png

& the 'Solo' Falcon with loads of missing panels:

IMG_0923.jpeg

J

Last edited:
I was wondering if the TROS new exposed pit aligns with the previous Solo design. Sadly it appears it does not.

new-dish.jpg

At this position of the disc, it best fits with the interior layout of where the ladder to the gunner station sits,...I remember doing a mockup when TFA came out showing how this could work,....so the disc rotates to this position waiting for the gunners to use the ladder to get to their stations, then rotates to the central position for battle

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 14.07.15.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 14.01.58.png
Ip3knRh.png

J

And that's stupid, because it means the entire core of the ship has to rotate as a unit -- the turrets can't rotate independently because the ladderwell is always in the same place behind the gunners' chairs, convenient for shouting back and forth. Why rotate into position with the alcove and then rotate back? Why not just keep them permanently aligned with the alcove, and not have the ship cored to allow for its sweep? Never mind the conduits and things on the original model that indicated it was fixed in its position.

No, it doesn't work with the interior, but that's not news, nor the only problematic bit with the interior set.

The entire ST is a mistake, directors putting there own ideas on how The Falcon should be

The quad cannons for example, ANH had the cannon hanging down in front of the gunner, which would make the ladder behind them the wrong way round,....JJ changed the cannons, so that they swing from the gunners chair from the floor (like the Joe Johnston concept drawings),....TLJ changed it back to the ANH style,...whereas the Lando Falcon in Solo, followed TFA concept.....Ahhhh

Quad gun.jpg

J

Swiveling turrets in this case really don't make sense. The only reason you might do it is because the quad gun mount is fixed in position hindering the guns from covering about 20deg of the rear flank unless the turret can swivel around. This would be fine if the guns were automated without gunners bays but with them and a gunner it creates all sorts of issues which could easily be overcome by just having the gun mounts elevate the quad guns a little so they can cover the blind spot to the rear.

Yeah, I dunno, guys... Star Wars is a space fantasy and riddled with bazillion inconsistencies. Either you accept it as enjoyable fantasy, or you don't. No point trying to poke holes in something that's mostly made from holes. :)

Well really the entire Falcon turret system isn't that great. You can only defend against things coming directly above or below you or maybe if you fix the guns forward to fire from the cockpit. That whole sequence was made, I think, from when they were using the Blockade Runner as the Falcon and the turrets were on the sides.

To be honest, to this day I don't understand the layout of the turrets in ANH. Han goes up the ladder, Luke goes down, and yet both have the turrets windows in front of them and talk to each other by looking back over their shoulder. Is Han looking vertically up and Luke vertically down? In that case the artificial gravity on the Falcon is really bending physics.

To be honest, to this day I don't understand the layout of the turrets in ANH. Han goes up the ladder, Luke goes down, and yet both have the turrets windows in front of them and talk to each other by looking back over their shoulder. Is Han looking vertically up and Luke vertically down? In that case the artificial gravity on the Falcon is really bending physics.

Yes, that's how it works. It's sci-fi. Remember, ANH came out 9 years after 2001: A Space Odyssey where Kubrick showed astronauts walking up walls and working on perpendicular planes to each other. Same idea, except in Star Wars and Trek there are artificial gravity deck plates keeping people glued to the floors. I gets weirder when you consider how every ship also needs inertial dampeners to prevent high-speed accelerations/decelerations from smearing passengers into goo on the walls every time the ship turns.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back