Bandai release schedule

So I guess the Star Destroyer is kind of it for the year then? At least until Episode 9 kits are announced.
I would not make that assumption- Bandai has it's own scheduling and only occasionally does it sync with film releases. After the last film they may not even have much for Episode 9- still plenty of unreleased subjects to choose from...

Occasionally? They've consistently released at least one kit to coincide with the ST and spin-off releases.

But yeah, I feel that the SD is the last we'll hear from Bandai, Star Wars model-wise, until the Ep9 trailer drop.

Occasionally? They've consistently released at least one kit to coincide with the ST and spin-off releases.

But yeah, I feel that the SD is the last we'll hear from Bandai, Star Wars model-wise, until the Ep9 trailer drop.
My point is that while they do release with a movie most of their releases have happened with no movie release involved. A majority of their releases were not synced to a film release.
A real big kit release such as the PG Falcon and ISD do take up a lot of resources so I would expect a slowdown, but there a lot of subjects from the PT & OT films which would logically release outside the Episode 9 timing, most likely as before the Episode 9 film will have movie specific kits release timed with it, but there is so much more to be done that has nothing to do with Episode 9///

I am a machine!!! lol

You were the first one that came to mind after I wrote that, korben! You're not wrong. :lol:

If I was only doing Bandai kit, I might -- might -- be able to keep up. Recently I got distracted with the PL K't'inga kit and I thought, "What the heck, I'm making one Klingon ship, why not two since I'll have all the green colors out. So I grabbed an old Generations BOP kit off the stash and made the two simultaneously. The BOP ended up slowing me WAY down since I was adding lighting. I have a Grievous and a K2 waiting on deck once these are done.

I really want that Grievous kit from Bandai!... My K2 was a lot of fun... Problem is, you should be doing all four simultaneously...lol

Speeder bike/trooper arrived and, man, another great kit to dig into.

This is why I love Bandai--even the detail on the trooper's soles is completely insane. Not many kit makers would bother with this level of detail for something that will be barely seen:

gcrTvsn.png

Last edited:
Love the Bandai Speederbike kit but those huge joints on the scout are very distracting! I mean they go as far as doing detailed soles but decide to make huge ball joints duuuuhhh!!! same goes for C3P0 they look like a toy action figure a complete turn off!

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, the Scout Trooper requires the widest range of motion to get it to sit on the bike and make other poses. It's asking a lot of rigid styrene to mimic flexible skin, muscle, and fabric. I mean, physics is physics. Frankly, given that the trooper looks as good as it does in a variety of poses is something of a minor miracle. There are videos on YouTube of a guy who has wrapped the open joints in fabric, and I'm sure there are other creative solutions to the problem. If nothing else, select a pose and fill in the gaps with putty. Personally, I don't want playability (my models sit on a shelf and look perdy) and I don't need much poseability (I usually find a pose I like and there it stays), so filling the gaps with putty is a good solution.

What's great about Bandai kits is that the detail and accuracy are so good, we can spend our time finding creative solutions to more interesting (and maybe more challenging) problems than we did during the decades when we were wrestling with the hugely inaccurate and out of proportion AMT and Revell kits. I once spent weeks on the old AMT Speederbike kit and used two kits to cut the trooper's armor into individual plates. The Bandai kit is basically the model I built right out of the box. Honestly, it's WAY better. I'd have happily spent a day or two filling joints rather than weeks carving and reconstructing basic components.

Well, to be fair, the Scout Trooper requires the widest range of motion to get it to sit on the bike and make other poses. It's asking a lot of rigid styrene to mimic flexible skin, muscle, and fabric. I mean, physics is physics. Frankly, given that the trooper looks as good as it does in a variety of poses is something of a minor miracle. There are videos on YouTube of a guy who has wrapped the open joints in fabric, and I'm sure there are other creative solutions to the problem. If nothing else, select a pose and fill in the gaps with putty. Personally, I don't want playability (my models sit on a shelf and look perdy) and I don't need much poseability (I usually find a pose I like and there it stays), so filling the gaps with putty is a good solution.

What's great about Bandai kits is that the detail and accuracy are so good, we can spend our time finding creative solutions to more interesting (and maybe more challenging) problems than we did during the decades when we were wrestling with the hugely inaccurate and out of proportion AMT and Revell kits. I once spent weeks on the old AMT Speederbike kit and used two kits to cut the trooper's armor into individual plates. The Bandai kit is basically the model I built right out of the box. Honestly, it's WAY better. I'd have happily spent a day or two filling joints rather than weeks carving and reconstructing basic components.

I struggled on that old AMT Speederbike decades ago and it finally crashed into the garbage can :)

Nicely done, sir! May I ask what you used for filler? Might have to give that a try myself (although I can live with the joints--even my pickiness/OCD has its limits).

Hey J, how in the world do you keep the PPP from drying out? It seems like I get one use out of the tube and the next time it id dried out.

Ha,....yes the first tube I got was in a plastic tube , it dried out quickly....now theyve changed it to a traditional metal tube.....that lasts a lot longer,.....always replace the cap, making sure the threads are clean,....use a baby wipe to remove any paste that could restrict the cap from making a good seal.....I don't have any more problems now

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back