Bandai release schedule

That is a beautiful thing! Small or not, that's an amazing model and will be worth every penny. There's more detail there than in versions four times the size. If I were Bandai, though, I wouldn't display it in the biggest glass case available.

Maybe they had the case built for the larger scale kit that was nixed because of the Zvezda? Waste not want not. ;)

Maybe they had the case built for the larger scale kit that was nixed because of the Zvezda? Waste not want not. ;)

Ha! Has it been confirmed that they were working on a bigger kit? Obviously, they had that larger demo model built up a few years ago, but were there any actual plans to release it?

Bandai Blog entry on the upcoming Star Destroyer, showing their usual insane devotion to detail:

【第1回】「スター・デストロイヤー」 その恐ろしき破壊力 - ホビー事業部の開発ブログ

20190217094856.jpg

Do we know what kind of software they use to create these models? I am very familiar with Rhinoceros 3D and the greyish color of these screengrabs of ISD looks like it is Rhino. But there could be millions other apps which could have those colors, so it proofs nothing.

I'm generally an optimist, but I would think that if they held any plans of doing a larger version that they would put out the larger kit first to capitalize on that pent up demand and "me want this NOW" enthusiasm to get people to part with $300-400 and then come out with the affordable general consumer version second. But I'm not a marketing genius by any stretch.

The X-Wing and TIE Fighter markets were also largely eaten even before Bandai released their takes on it; I do remember a few people saying "why are they bothering with tired old subjects" (albeit with rebuttals essentially saying that they're just "testing the waters") when Bandai got the license.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't say they won't release it, however releasing in the next year or so? No. It'll come out when it'll come out.

That 3D print looks like it has a bit too thick of a paint job. I am STOKED to see the first test shot to see those super fine details pop! The panel lines should be quite a bit finer when molded also. This kit begs to be painted with an airbrush.

Robert:)

Even though I wish it was even just a foot longer (what she said, etc.), I'm sure it will be Another Great Bandai Star Wars Kit (AGBSWK). Pre-ordered.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back