Bandai release schedule

Isn't the MPC Tyderium a better kit?

without getting too off track, the MPC and Revell are not very accurate to the ILM studio model. Even the life size set built in ROTJ doesn't match ILM's SS model, the nose is too stumpy, flush with the bottom of the hull, the main sail is too tall etc. The Kenner/Hasbro Shuttle toy is actually the most accurate to the ILM model, which is why quite a few really nice looking Shuttle pieces you see online are just Kenner/Hasbro shuttles modded by really talented folks.

I'm hoping Bandai will one day make one as I just love the sleek look to the ILM model.

comparison.png

without getting too off track, the MPC and Revell are not very accurate to the ILM studio model. Even the life size set built in ROTJ doesn't match ILM's SS model, the nose is too stumpy, flush with the bottom of the hull, the main sail is too tall etc. The Kenner/Hasbro Shuttle toy is actually the most accurate to the ILM model, which is why quite a few really nice looking Shuttle pieces you see online are just Kenner/Hasbro shuttles modded by really talented folks.

I'm hoping Bandai will one day make one as I just love the sleek look to the ILM model.

View attachment 1045784

Thanks for that comparison pic!

I don't have the Revell shuttle yet but it has been on my wish list. I was lead to believe by people who had it that it was shaped more like the Kenner shuttle, but it sure looks like everything MPC got wrong is also wrong on the Revell one! So it really just comes down to the size of both and which one you'd prefer. From this angle, and given the size, I would say the MPC seems better

SixthScaleMan, if I ask nicely could I give you a list of measurements and have you take them off your Kenner shuttle when you pull it out and dust it off? I've not had much luck finding folks who have the toy and have it out in a form that can be handled. While I love it as a toy, it's just not a piece I'm wanting for my collection, as I've forced myself to maintain a fairly narrow focus. With a bit of math and some sheet plastic, I should be able to rough out a decent 1:72 shuttle while I'm waiting for someone to actually make one. *lol*

SixthScaleMan, if I ask nicely could I give you a list of measurements and have you take them off your Kenner shuttle when you pull it out and dust it off? I've not had much luck finding folks who have the toy and have it out in a form that can be handled. While I love it as a toy, it's just not a piece I'm wanting for my collection, as I've forced myself to maintain a fairly narrow focus. With a bit of math and some sheet plastic, I should be able to rough out a decent 1:72 shuttle while I'm waiting for someone to actually make one. *lol*

You could upscale from the Fantasy Flight gaming miniature. That is 1/257 scale and is accurate shape wise to the studio model

LambdaShuttle_600px.gif

Last edited:

Sure thing. I should have time this weekend. I’ll post pics and measurements in this thread. Might help others too.[emoji106][emoji846]

View attachment 1045784
wow - I guess I never really looked that closely at this model... the cockpit is really so much longer and thinner than the models and toys its really strange nobody has gotten this really close at all...

Jedi Dade

View attachment 1045784

Another problem with the Revell and the FF models (not sure about the MPC) apart from the nose, is that the foils, fins or 'wings' don't go down as far as the studio model.

48494865171_e14b0dfef2_z.jpg

LED version: ¥ 12,960 $123 €109; Standard version: ¥ 7,560 $72 €64

I'll get one. It even fits in my Ikea Detolf so I'm already saving money by not buying a display case for it.

On the clear SD parts, do you mask a bunch of dots or slightly drill through the paint for the lights?
The LED version is $50 more expensive than the standard version so I guess those parts will save us all the drilling. I mean I really hope they're not charging an extra $50 just for some lights and a few cables!

Maybe the LED version comes with the holes casted in the plastic, then after painting you glue the clear parts (translucent I guess) on those holes afterwards, so that a big LED lights all of them at once from the inside? (no fiber optics, no drilling). Or maybe they added a sheet of dozens of tiny masking stickers? ($50 for a sheet of masking stickers is also a little too much).

I hope it's something super easy like that 'cause if I have to drill everything as usual, why so expensive?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back