Bandai release schedule

Made an account to throw in my two cents. Been thinking about doing Star Wars kits after a year of doing Gundams, and have lurked this thread for few months.

......then came flatties and the falcon:facepalm

I believe you can't really blame Bandai for the former.

In any case, I'm not really surprised that the retail Perfect Grade Falcon doesn't have waterslide decals, opting for sticker decals instead. Bandai Hobby usually reserves waterslides for web-exclusives, or as aftermarket stuff. Coming from the Gundam building community, when I found out that waterslides were standard with Star Wars kits, I was frankly surprised.

As for the removal of the LEDs, Bandai also did the same for another Perfect Grade, the GN-001 Exia. The PG Exia came in two versions, a cheaper one without included, and a more expensive one that has LEDs included. I believe that Bandai is doing the same thing: a cheaper version of the Perfect Grade Falcon for those who don't really care and just want a solid representation of the Falcon. After all, Bandai did say they're aiming for all types of modelers, from the absolute beginner to the absolute expert.

Just my opinion though, feel free to disagree.

Besides, the Han Solo movie's coming out next year. Maybe the retail Perfect Grade Falcon is specifically the Solo version.

Last edited:
Made an account to throw in my two cents. Been thinking about doing Star Wars kits after a year of doing Gundams, and have lurked this thread for few months.

In any case, I'm not really surprised that the retail Perfect Grade Falcon doesn't have waterslide decals, opting for sticker decals instead. Bandai Hobby usually reserves waterslides for web-exclusives, or as aftermarket stuff. Coming from the Gundam building community, when I found out that waterslides were standard with Star Wars kits, I was frankly surprised.

As for the removal of the LEDs, Bandai also did the same for another Perfect Grade, the GN-001 Exia. The PG Exia came in two versions, a cheaper one without included, and a more expensive one that has LEDs included. I believe that Bandai is doing the same thing: a cheaper version of the Perfect Grade Falcon for those who don't really care and just want a solid representation of the Falcon. After all, Bandai did say they're aiming for all types of modelers, from the absolute beginner to the absolute expert.

Besides, the Han Solo movie's coming out next year. Maybe the retail Perfect Grade Falcon is specifically the Solo version.
The fact is, we will probably be able to get the waterslide decals sold separately for like, $15.

And most of us don't want the panels anyway, just the tiny graphics that someone like jbot will start selling.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think that it is the new blue engine 'glow' piece.

I guess it could be. Although the PG has the same part in white so I’m still somewhat confused why it would be an extra part. Saying that, what do the “36” and “”37” numbers refer to. I’m sure it’s not really that important but just curious. Might have to wait until someone has the standard in hand before knowing for sure.

This kit is a money printing machine. I am glad that it comes without the fancy stuff which makes it a bit cheaper. It would be against any logical commercial strategy not to produce this one.

I think the best way is to use the stickers as one-time painting masks and to switch to third-party sellers for the decals or to make the decals yourself. I always scan the decal sheet before applying at at least 600 dpi to have a backup, just in case. ;)

Not with that blue light it ain't.

Just saying what’s on the product page itself and according to Bandai themselves, it’s not from the Solo film but from IV. The blue engine light is just another way to differentiate it from the “exclusive” PG version. Rightly or wrongly.

There are 37 of them in the kit, which pretty much suggests it is their term or a rough translation for a sprue.

Ah, cool that makes sense. There are 36 sprues in the PG Falcon? Wow. I’ve got it but haven’t really looked through it in detail. Might do that when I get home later.

Just saying what’s on the product page itself and according to Bandai themselves, it’s not from the Solo film but from IV. The blue engine light is just another way to differentiate it from the “exclusive” PG version. Rightly or wrongly.

I was making a joke, sorry for being too vague, I apologize.

Please don't misunderstand my disappointment.

I cannot fault Bandai for the "flatties" they just disappoint me greatly:(

and my disappointment only comes from being SO spoiled by Bandai initially, they gave me such incredibly designed and detailed kits, which for the quality were ridiculously low priced. and then came the Falcon at over 500 bucks CAD which to me is way too much for a 72nd scale MF! This is just for me, but I would have considered a 48th scale MF for that price!?

Then on the other hand I would be tickled pink if they made a 12th scale escape pod to go with their r2 and 3po and who besides me wants that?:facepalm

Welcome aboard Admiral, and thank you for your input.

Hopefully they will make the separate decals available here in the states.

First look at the Falcon (Stellar Envoy?) from Solo: A Star Wars Story. Maybe we'll get a vehicle model or 1:144 out of it.

g4uahr5tzh601.jpg

Seen it on facebook, but no proof, if it's fan-art or official...

Well, i'm awaiting a falcon in a better condition than in episode IV, but that's a little bit too "shiny". There has to happen a lot of things and many years to convert the ship in this picture to a "hunk of junk"... Looks like fanart of someone who likes the undismanteled B-Wings from rebels. Away from that everything on this falcon seems to be closed and flattend... even the 6 exhaust vents on the back are flat...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back