Bandai Enterprise Dilemma - Argh

sapper36

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got mine yesterday - What a fantastic kit! - My only problem...

Do I just build it as is & have a beautiful Enterprise by this weekend?

Or... Anybody else considered replacing the incandescent bulbs with white LEDs, & putting in fiber optics to simulate the spotlights on the front bottom of the nacelles - & adding a flasher & fiberoptics for the navigation lights? Of course then this one will take months to finish too.

What to do, what to do...

What's the lifespan of those grain of wheat bulbs? If they are prone to burning out, I'd consider at a minimum rewiring with LEDs. Perhaps some electronics guru can work out whether or not that's easy to do with the stock circuit....

Anyone?

-Raj

I built mine the way it came out of the box. It's not like it'll be turned on for hours at a time anyway. I imagine the bulbs will last plenty long for me.

If you check out CultTVMan's "HobbyTalk" Forum, there are several threads regarding this. I know many people have replaced the bulbs with LEDs, but many have built as is. Really a matter of how much work you want to do.

Scott

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back