Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

This one was finished awhile ago but some of the values on the colors were bothering me.
Went ahead and reworked the red and grey panels.

c3dbafcff7c9b6b329d1646aa9f8c35c.jpg
d9df052fe6c5902d6defebb3b82c67a2.jpg

4fec0d186ca0ace07b9b89fe30e0841b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

gonna be a while before I start mine...I'm on the fence. For being displayed primarily in the Echo Base hangar, I wouldn't need all those features...but then I presume you cam turn off what you don't want to use...

ugh!!!! you guys are making me want to build another one!!! anyone want me to build one for them?!?

Its nice for a pnp thats for sure. I have a uno here that I opted to not use. I am running all my lights threw stock box even the fiber work I did.

Make sure to post pics If you decide to work on it. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to quickly pop in to let you know that our new Light and Sound Controller for Bandai PG MIllennium Falcon is released!

Please visit www.falcon3dparts.com/vfx for more info :)

Very cool, but a question: Why not have buttons in app that actually say "landing lights" or "hyperspace", instead of nondescript numbers and arrows?

I am using a standard app which is freely available for Apple and Android users. Building a custom app like that is a quite difficult task, and very time consuming, if you are not a Java developer. I tried going that way initially and had to stop. Plus the app would need to be periodically updated and patched to make sure it works under future operating system releases. By using the standard application I am making sure that it is always up to date and well maintained while keeping the cost down :)

Very cool, but a question: Why not have buttons in app that actually say "landing lights" or "hyperspace", instead of nondescript numbers and arrows?

I am using a standard app which is freely available for Apple and Android users. Building a custom app like that is a quite difficult task, and very time consuming, if you are not a Java developer. I tried going that way initially and had to stop. Plus the app would need to be periodically updated and patched to make sure it works under future operating system releases. By using the standard application I am making sure that it is always up to date and well maintained while keeping the cost down :)

Okay, I get that. Thanks for answering my question. :)

That is way cool! And I would want it to last as long as my model - assuming I ever get it built.

Can I ask, will there be any way to use a dedicated controller? For the day a few years down the road when my phone, and/or this app, are no longer working or supported because the iOS world has moved on to better (or at least different) things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you! Good question... Well, you can enable the demo mode by setting the switch 1 to ON on the DIP switch - no controller is needed :)

That is way cool! And I would want it to last as long as my model - assuming I ever get it built.

Can I ask, will there be any way to use a dedicated controller? For the day a few years down the road when my phone, and/or this app, are no longer working or supported because the iOS world has moved on to better (or at least different) things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hey there Gus, I got a question that's slightly off topic...if you don't mind? I'm having a time trying to find 1/72 scale Princess Leia in Echo Base winter gear and proper hair, and also some Taun Tauns with and without rider. One designer on Shapeways stepped up but gave me an unrealistic quote of 400 bucks! I see that you have several you offer of other related items. Do you do your design and printing of those, or do you farm that out? I'm thinking there has to be someone out there that's up to the task without breaking the bank, or like the one fellow, completely leveling it. As you might guess, I'm doing an Echo Base diorama with all Bandai including the PG Falcon, for which I'm probably going to be acquiring one of your new electronics kits for, in the near. It's quite impressive btw
Thank you! Good question... Well, you can enable the demo mode by setting the switch 1 to ON on the DIP switch - no controller is needed :)

Cool! PM Sent!
View attachment 814295View attachment 814296

It is no rocket sience to build a app for android or ios... just my two cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Ross, PM Sent!
hey there Gus, I got a question that's slightly off topic...if you don't mind? I'm having a time trying to find 1/72 scale Princess Leia in Echo Base winter gear and proper hair, and also some Taun Tauns with and without rider. One designer on Shapeways stepped up but gave me an unrealistic quote of 400 bucks! I see that you have several you offer of other related items. Do you do your design and printing of those, or do you farm that out? I'm thinking there has to be someone out there that's up to the task without breaking the bank, or like the one fellow, completely leveling it. As you might guess, I'm doing an Echo Base diorama with all Bandai including the PG Falcon, for which I'm probably going to be acquiring one of your new electronics kits for, in the near. It's quite impressive btw

Man, that is amazing.. ! makes the model even cooler, if that's even possible!
Where on earth do you put that speaker?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back