Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Also, I have to say Youtube's search function is pretty annoying. I can't get my video to appear at all on a search. Meanwhile, all the countless scam movies with misleading titles, consisting of the Bandai promo video with the audio replaced, all pointing to some resale site, show up just fine!

If I search "Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon" your video is the 3rd hit. I don't know if me being subscribed makes any difference.
Anyway, thank you for the great video.

Figure details in 1:72 scale can look like this nowdays, so Bandai figure details in this kit are average.

11209363_907879945919987_36016125761195217_n.jpg

Just for your information, those are resin 3D prints, ordered and sold as individual products.

http://reedoak.com/#!/1-72-veterans-granddaughter/p/51034347/category=13308145

The figures of this kit that you compare them to, are parts of an injection-molded mass-produced styrene kit.
Agreed that this is not an apples to apples comparison. Hopefully the aftermarket will come out with some nicer resin figures for this.

Most likely I will use the kit ones however. Painting the figures can do a lot to make up for the static poses and they will be somewhat hidden in the cockpit or gun turrets.

I think I will build mine with Han and Luke in the gun turrets with Chewie and Leia in the cockpit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey, for everyone complaining about the figures, you can send them to me, I would gladly take them off your hands.:D

It would give me a chance to repose them without worrying about screwing them up

I know I'm not alone, but when I first heard that Bandai was releasing this kit my first thought was, "YES! I can't wait for the FIGURES! And I guess the Falcon too. Sure hope that's good."
:angel

It will be interesting to see if any aftermarket figures can capture the faces as well as Bandai has.

If I search "Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon" your video is the 3rd hit. I don't know if me being subscribed makes any difference.
Anyway, thank you for the great video.

Thanks! Yes, it seems to have moved up the search list. Guess there's a long delay on batch searches or something.

I'll bet YouTube is groaning under the weight of uploads now that every Nerd and Nerdette thinks they are filmmakers, and that everyone is interested in their every opinion.

I'll bet YouTube is groaning under the weight of uploads now that every Nerd and Nerdette thinks they are filmmakers, and that everyone is interested in their every opinion.

As tempting as it is to agree -- and it is -- I'm going to take the opposite view and say YouTube is a great thing. Dark secret: I directed a feature length film. 35mm. A crew. Actors. The works. You never saw it. Nobody ever saw it. It was terrible. It was stressful. It nearly killed me. I'm much happier now living a calm and anonymous life. But having gone through that experience back in the pre-HD video/pre-digital days, it sucked that the only way to make a feature film was to spend years raising the hundreds of thousands of dollars needed for production and then jumping through the film festival/film market hoops to try maybe to get your film shown in a handful of arthouse theaters. And that was if your film was really good! Until recently filmmaking was the exclusive domain of the very rich or the extremely well connected or (in my case) the very lucky. Now, it doesn't take a fortune for people to make and display really good work. There is some great stuff on YouTube that simply wouldn't exist without it. We've all seen some pretty cool stuff. How many great fan films are there out there? Fans making Trek episodes? How cool is that! That was my DREAM as a kid! Yeah, some are bad, but they're getting better all the time. Even when it comes to modeling, how many tutorial videos and unboxing videos and build videos have we watched? I watch them all the time and my skills have definitely improved. I learn things. Don't get me wrong, I sometime love being a curmudgeon (at least according to my kids) but the ability for people to be amateur or semi-pro filmmakers and tell their stories without having to beg the rich or wait for permission from the artistic gatekeepers is certainly one of the greatest things to happen to humanity (I'm dead serious) in the past half century. It changes everything. Good, bad, or in-between, I want people to make and tell their stories. Anyone who has the guts to make and display their art for the world to see is a hero in my book.

It's definitely easier/more accessible to create content now more than ever, but, as is the case with YouTube, it becomes trying to find a needle in a stack of needles when looking for "good" content.

SB

As tempting as it is to agree -- and it is -- I'm going to take the opposite view and say YouTube is a great thing. Dark secret: I directed a feature length film. 35mm. A crew. Actors. The works. You never saw it. Nobody ever saw it. It was terrible. It was stressful. It nearly killed me. I'm much happier now living a calm and anonymous life. But having gone through that experience back in the pre-HD video/pre-digital days, it sucked that the only way to make a feature film was to spend years raising the hundreds of thousands of dollars needed for production and then jumping through the film festival/film market hoops to try maybe to get your film shown in a handful of arthouse theaters. And that was if your film was really good! Until recently filmmaking was the exclusive domain of the very rich or the extremely well connected or (in my case) the very lucky. Now, it doesn't take a fortune for people to make and display really good work. There is some great stuff on YouTube that simply wouldn't exist without it. We've all seen some pretty cool stuff. How many great fan films are there out there? Fans making Trek episodes? How cool is that! That was my DREAM as a kid! Yeah, some are bad, but they're getting better all the time. Even when it comes to modeling, how many tutorial videos and unboxing videos and build videos have we watched? I watch them all the time and my skills have definitely improved. I learn things. Don't get me wrong, I sometime love being a curmudgeon (at least according to my kids) but the ability for people to be amateur or semi-pro filmmakers and tell their stories without having to beg the rich or wait for permission from the artistic gatekeepers is certainly one of the greatest things to happen to humanity (I'm dead serious) in the past half century. It changes everything. Good, bad, or in-between, I want people to make and tell their stories. Anyone who has the guts to make and display their art for the world to see is a hero in my book.
Agreed on all the above. Wish TubeYou had some more/better online competition however as they are becoming too much of a monopoly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK, so I've played around with this thing for the last hour or so. First impressions are that it literally screams quality at you. The plastic is brittle without being fragile and the mouldings are excellent. Crisp and defined with absolutely zero flash. It's molded in colour, but painting is of course what will make this kit really pop. There are bags and bags of sprues, many contain tiny, intricate parts. The feeling that you get when you hold this in your hands is that you are truly holding a miniature prop, almost a replica.
And for those who are wondering, the hull plating edges are incredibly thin. I have the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon, but this is a whole new level.
For those of you on the fence, don't think twice.

Last edited:

Apparently Amazon is wading into the waters that have pretty much been the domain of YouTube. I agree with the above from Hunk a Junk, because I too have been in the film business (emphasis on business) in almost every behind the scenes capacities including scripting, directing, and in front of the camera, and I can tell you, it can eat your heart out. Now, I keep my hand in the business and do what I like when it comes along. I am listed in IMDB to prove my résume, and of course I did get loads more of those "uncredited" listing as well (the ones you have to put in yourself, because no one else cares!) The point is, after all of that, when I bemoan some of the stuff on YouTube, I am really saying that those videos could be lots better if the person just took a little time to produce them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back