Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

When you start adding up the cost of the Fine Molds falcon and various Shapeways upgrades to it...you'll surpass the cost of the Bandai PG Falcon pretty quickly too.

-And lastly, it will never go down in price. Just imagine if Bandai said "we're discontinuing this kit come 2018." Ebay would be a war zone

That's it! I'm cashing in my 401k(s) and investing the money in PG Bandai Falcons.

Did these sell out with the pre-orders, or what's the deal?
If I rob a bank tonight - erm, I mean, somehow come into a large bag of money - could I still order one?

What gets me is the insane dedication to completeness that Bandai has shown- not only is it the only Falcon kit to have the screen accurate hull damage but they even had interior hardware showing through in some places.
I am definitely going to get on eof these kits, although it will be a while down the road (hoping to snag a ESB edition with the extra landing gear (my personal favorite incarnation)).

The two part cockpit is still a bit disappointing to me. Much like the 1/144, I found the break line to be a bit too harsh. I might snag one from shapeways

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Did these sell out with the pre-orders, or what's the deal?
If I rob a bank tonight - erm, I mean, somehow come into a large bag of money - could I still order one?

Both August and September releases have sold out in Japan.

They are still available to order here in the states, if say a sack of money fell off a truck or something.

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/iakitoo/GALLERY/show_image.html?id=15546524&no=4

Mother of God...

BPYY6s3.jpg

Man, I'm still waiting for the TN1 ESB release! Their work on ANH was fantastic.

In any event, I think that as I've been building these awesome Bandai SW kits, one thing I've gained (besides a bunch of great new SW kits!) is a new appreciation for the sheer talent and creativity displayed by the original studio model builders. These guys took every day kit parts and literally turned them into sci-fi magic. Hats off to the ILM crew.

I'm torn fellas! I don't know whether to leave mine how it is or do it up with extra landing gear Empire style. I've always been partial to the extra pads, but I like the idea of the original version too. Please someone persuade me one way or the other! AHHHH!

I'm torn fellas! I don't know whether to leave mine how it is or do it up with extra landing gear Empire style. I've always been partial to the extra pads, but I like the idea of the original version too. Please someone persuade me one way or the other! AHHHH!

You still have the DeAgo?...I'd stick with the original configuration for this one

J

Regarding the two part cockpit: the 5fter has very prominent seems in the same location, hiding the joint shouldn't be an issue. And Bandai has included interior detailing on the inside surface, so a one piece cone wouldn't have been possible.

Multiple parts and seems are all part of modelling, and it's the only way to make the fine details accurately. Otherwise you get a Revell or Hasbro, where the details have odd angles and clipped edges to allow them to lift out of the mold.

The two part cockpit is still a bit disappointing to me. Much like the 1/144, I found the break line to be a bit too harsh. I might snag one from shapeways

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's all about casting.....one piece wouldn't get the panel lines right.....2 piece is a better option

J

Plus it's snap together. That makes it worth it right there. After building all of these Bandai kits I'm going to be in trouble when I go back to gluing parts together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back