Bad plot holes in good movies...

also on the light saber colors any one ever notice at the end of attack of the clones when obi wan and Anakin are escaping they end up with each others light sabers I always thought that was a good real life like thing to happen . that mostly goes unnoticed ( I know not a plot point )

are you talking about at the Colosseum? and later the fight with dooku?

just to be picky, they couldn't be each other's. dooku would have taken obi-wan's and anakin's was destroyed in the droid factory. they were tossed 'loners' when they were rescued by the other jedi. anakin's loner was destroyed by dooku leaving him with obi's loner he threw him after dooku injured him during their fight.

can't remember if there was anything else after that.

on the light saber colors any one ever notice at the end of attack of the clones when obi wan and Anakin are escaping they end up with each others light sabers I always thought that was a good real life like thing to happen . that mostly goes unnoticed ( I know not a plot point )

are you talking about at the Colosseum? and later the fight with dooku? just to be picky, they couldn't be each other's. dooku would have taken obi-wan's and anakin's was destroyed in the droid factory. they were tossed 'loners' when they were rescued by the other jedi. anakin's loner was destroyed by dooku leaving him with obi's loner he threw him after dooku injured him during their fight. can't remember if there was anything else after that.

This is a thread about "bad plot holes in good movies" - Just saying!

sweet ***** you right , they had each others color of light saber. and then later at the fight with doo-du I believe they had there right colors like they had switched while we wernt looking could be wrong though as I apparently am completely wrong about JAR JAR BEING THE BEST CHARACTHER EVER WOO WOO .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is also the whole balance the force prophecy that I cant believe the Jedi thought would be a good thing for them.

Last edited:
ill give you that I was only like 2 and don't remember.

still not a plot hole just a bad attempt at a blue light saber with the crappy tech of the time. a plot hole would be why does R2D2 not just tell everyone hey I know the guy he lives over here in a cave according to my Intel. R2 never had his mind wiped,. and why did Obi- Wan act like he didn't know R2D2 with the cheesy " I don't recall OWNING a droid " its because they did not have that part written yet and kind of messed it up that's why .

I get around this and the lightsaber color issues by deleting the new movies from my personal head canon. I have accepted a reality where that actually is the first time Obi wan met the droids, they were just a couple of droids from Leia's ship. As for lightsaber color: it denotes alignment because movie directors still remember that using color as symbolism is good movie making and not something you give up just to make one actor feel like a special snowflake.

At the end of Back to the future why doesn't Marty's dad suddenly realize his son is a dead ringer for that Calvin Kline guy that his wife swears she never saw again after they got together ???

What's to say that George didn't know that it was Marty who went back to 1955? I mean, he was a big sci-fi nerd in the 1950s. And remembering "Darth Vader" from "Planet Vulcan" and after seeing Star Wars and Star Trek (kinda hard not to at the times of their release), I'm sure he came to realize that "Darth Vader" was a time travel from the future due to keeping up with the science fiction over the years. He probably didn't realize that it was Marty until after the rug burning incident that Marty mentioned before leaving him and Lorraine at the dance, and realized that he had to keep quiet, even from his own son, in order to maintain the timeline. So, he probably does know, but has kept it a secret from everyone, including Marty.

...also on the light saber colors any one ever notice at the end of attack of the clones when obi wan and Anakin are escaping they end up with each others light sabers I always thought that was a good real life like thing to happen . that mostly goes unnoticed ( I know not a plot point )
I don't recall seeing that in Attack of the Clones, but I do know that in Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader exchange lightsabers briefly while they're dueling in the control room on Mustafar. Allegedly this was filmed as a way to explain how Obi-Wan came into possession of Anakin's/Vader's lightsaber (so that he could give it to Luke in A New Hope), but was later changed to the version in the final edit when Obi-Wan picks it up after defeating Anakin/Vader. The originally filmed exchange was removed in the editing room, but some brief close-up shots still show Obi-Wan using Anakin's/Vader's lightsaber.

What's to say that George didn't know that it was Marty who went back to 1955? I mean, he was a big sci-fi nerd in the 1950s. And remembering "Darth Vader" from "Planet Vulcan" and after seeing Star Wars and Star Trek (kinda hard not to at the times of their release), I'm sure he came to realize that "Darth Vader" was a time travel from the future due to keeping up with the science fiction over the years. He probably didn't realize that it was Marty until after the rug burning incident that Marty mentioned before leaving him and Lorraine at the dance, and realized that he had to keep quiet, even from his own son, in order to maintain the timeline. So, he probably does know, but has kept it a secret from everyone, including Marty.[/QUOTE

I don't know ? Marty knew he had he went back in time and still managed to mess everything up and it took a chalk board and a speech from the doc to get him to supposedly understand and his dad pieced it all together on his own and kept quiet I guess it could happen. all this from the guy who thought Bon Jovi was melting his brain. you keep your damn hands off this timeline .he would remind himself in the mirror .

and yeah in the coliseum mace tosses obi a blue and Anakin a green I just was commenting on the fact they had different colors and I made it more realistic .because nobody would care at that point they were busy not dyin'
and they keep those colors through there subsequent ass whoopin by poo-pu I just watched again to see if I was making stuff up in my head again hell I thoughtJango's name was Junga for years cuz I didn't see the silent D

did something change in the matrix I swear coliseum had 2 ls in it before (ret oracle question )

Last edited:
Well, then... Either Luke, or George, are very forgetful.

Unless Luke left it on the Falcon for safe-keeping.

Pretty sure he left it on the Falcon :p
Though.. maybe they should add a new scene where Luke uses his lightsaber a bit like Qui-Gon in Episode 1. "Star Wars: The very special edition" :p

Pretty sure he left it on the Falcon :p
Though.. maybe they should add a new scene where Luke uses his lightsaber a bit like Qui-Gon in Episode 1. "Star Wars: The very special edition" :p

;)

I suppose for now we can just rationalize that since he had had the saber for less than on day, it wasn't forefront on his mind... :p

I'm guessing that lightsabers don't like water?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
For Episode I, they filmed a scene with Ewan and Liam on Naboo where Obi-Wan showed his lightsaber to Qui-Gon, in a discussion about it malfunctioning due to their swim.

Andy

It's probably been said before:

Bad guy has good guy cornered for the kill. Suddenly, in the middle of monologuing, bad guy gets shot/stabbed through the chest/head from behind by a third party.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back