Bad plot holes in good movies...

Another Back to The Future plot hole (Apologies if it has already been brought up).
Why, if you were George McFly would you want to keep Biff Tannen around as some kind of goofy, comedy handyman when he tried to rape your wife at the Enchantment under the sea dance?????

plus a light saber hanging off lukes storm trooper outfit would look a tad suspicious .

Nor would it fit under the armor...

I guess in reality we don't really do know what he was supposed to have done with it (eg. Left it on the Falcon? Put it in the cylinder on the back of his trooper belt? Who knows...).

Wouldn't the Emperor be fairly PISSED OFF that Vader failed to capture Luke in Cloud City...?

Yeah, I'm sure Vader wanted to "test" Luke, blah, blah, blah... But why wouldn't he have had 35 stromtroopers nab Luke just after he landed his X-Wing?

If capturing Skywalker was such a high priority and important mission parameter for Vader and Palpatine, then it makes little sense to allow Luke (and Vader) to play out the initial cat & mouse / mouse-in-a-maze game leading Luke to the carbon freeze chamber.

Last edited:
Vader's goal wasn't just to capture Luke, but to turn him to the dark side. Taking him by force (heh heh...) with a bunch of troopers isn't likely to win him over.

palpatine forseen anakins fight, and mutilation and that was reason he came just in time to rescue him right?

why the feck was he to blind to see vaders ans his own death?

It's probably been said before:

Bad guy has good guy cornered for the kill. Suddenly, in the middle of monologuing, bad guy gets shot/stabbed through the chest/head from behind by a third party.
There was an awesome moment on the clone wars when someone was holding duchess Satine hostage. Obi Wan was having a moral dilemma about killing him. The duchess was a pacifist.

While the dude was monologing about it, anakin just walked and put a lightsaber through him. Anakin was like, "hi guys. What's up?"

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

what always bothered me was in batman begins, the weapon they steal vaporized water, it vaporizes it way above the sewer systems in the train. i dont know how high the train is but lets just say 30ft from the street, and god only knows how low the sewer is...

so it vaporizes all that water and leaves the poison gas everywhere turning people nuts

... the adult human body averages 60% water, with the brain being 85%, everyone remains fine?

i thought while watching the movie that was the plot, to fry humans by vaporizing the water in their bodies, i was alittle off

to me that was a bad plot hole

Another Back to The Future plot hole (Apologies if it has already been brought up).
Why, if you were George McFly would you want to keep Biff Tannen around as some kind of goofy, comedy handyman when he tried to rape your wife at the Enchantment under the sea dance?????

How is that a "plot hole"??

what always bothered me was in batman begins, the weapon they steal vaporized water, it vaporizes it way above the sewer systems in the train. i dont know how high the train is but lets just say 30ft from the street, and god only knows how low the sewer is...

so it vaporizes all that water and leaves the poison gas everywhere turning people nuts

... the adult human body averages 60% water, with the brain being 85%, everyone remains fine?

i thought while watching the movie that was the plot, to fry humans by vaporizing the water in their bodies, i was alittle off

to me that was a bad plot hole

That is a real bad one :lol

How is that a "plot hole"??

The fact that it would never happen makes it a plot hole!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ET: his spaceship leave without him......later he makes a kids bike fly.....why did he not just fly up to his space ship and knock on the door like..."HEY GUYS..YOU LEFT ME"

Shawshank redemption, this always bothered me when i seen it. Plot hole or not. The plot was to escape. How did he put that postet up if he was no longer in the cell. Some could say he stuck the top and left the bottom to hang. But when the pebble is thrown and creates the hole you hear the wind resistance. So if it was not stuck at the bottom it would have been flapping around. Even when the warden rips it off its clearly stuck from top to bottom. How did he do that ??

Wish that was explained. Was always a huge hole for me atleast.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back