Unlimited Run "Baby Groot" 3D print -- Special Pricing

Re: "Baby Groot" 3D print - Update **Sold Out Again**

I am looking into options for the vine that wraps around his body and the little buds growing on his head and hands, but the fake stuff at the art store is too expensive for this application.
One alternative would be for buyers to actually plant some sort of vine - like seed in their own display pot and let nature do its thing!
Also, I've worked out a routine for making these as identical as possible, but keep in mind, each is hand painted and no two will be exactly alike.

Here we go.

Awesome work everyone involved, Groot looks freaking amazing.

But, just tossing it out there, not entirely sure if it's just the picture posted or not, but I believe Groots eye's should be much darker. A lot of people reproducing Groot in whatever form it may be get the eyes wrong. He has dark pupils with the rest of his eye being a deep brown.

Not at all knocking GeneralFrosty's amazing paint job, just wanting everyone to get the best replica they can.

I did a red wash on his eyes, I can certainly go heavier and enlarge the pupils. Easily done.

Groots' are going out to everyone!!! You get a groot, and you get a groot, and you get a groot!!!!

If you've payed, yours is on the way. People in North America should get their's by the weekend! For those who wanted their's to go to GeneralFrosty, they are on the way.

For those still wanting a groot, watch here Tuesday for a special announcement, please don't PM me until then...

I did a red wash on his eyes, I can certainly go heavier and enlarge the pupils. Easily done.

GF, well done...looking really great....and more darker eyes would be nice, like Neoproks already posted

If anyone decides they want one painted after they get their kit, you can still send it to me.

Looking good Frosty! I'd second the comment about the eyes, maybe a bit larger/darker. The rest looks great!

Wow I'm pretty sure people can stop telling Frosty the eyes need to be darker...
LoL!
Actually I might need one or two more to let me know before it sinks in.

What I think is happening here is sonething that's pretty common, a lot of guys will scroll through a thread looking for pictures without bothering to take the time to actually read the posts.

No worries! I have the hands of a surgeon when it comes to painting fine detail - if you need convincing, here is an example of such work:

Wow I'm pretty sure people can stop telling Frosty the eyes need to be darker...

Love it! If I make it on this next run then I'm definitely getting it painted...wow!

Unless anyone else hops on my service for this run, I'll have to raise my price a bit for the next run. This took me a lot longer than I anticipated and really want to do great on these.

I love the last picture, with the new big eyes. I am in for a next run and for Frosty paintjob.

Re: "Baby Groot" 3D print - Update last run - Only 40 available**

Doing a last run of 40 more groots. See the 1st post for more info. Hurry, 1st payed, 1st on list. A big thanks to TheRocketeer for doing another 40 arms for me and big thanks to GeneralFROSTY for the amazing finishing work, can't wait to get mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back