AVP FX book

Nitroraider

Hello,
I am looking for the following book
- AVP the creature effects of ADI
- AVP Requiem inside the monster shop
but I found 2 editions of every book: Please tell me about the differences between every couple of book.
Thank you all in advance. ;)

Did not know that there are 2 versions of those books...

Anyway, If your looking for a manual and a "how to" I don't think you should buy those. There are great behind the scenes pictures in it but the only thing they are writing about are some background story's and how they came up with this in the script, and stuff like that but very little on how they made the suits and props.

But, they are still great books for any fan of the franchise.

I use them for references when I'm sculpting and painting.

Did not know that there are 2 versions of those books...

Anyway, If your looking for a manual and a "how to" I don't think you should buy those. There are great behind the scenes pictures in it but the only thing they are writing about are some background story's and how they came up with this in the script, and stuff like that but very little on how they made the suits and props.

But, they are still great books for any fan of the franchise.

I use them for references when I'm sculpting and painting.

The first book, Aliens Vs. Predator: Inside the Monster Shop was great for this. They showed everything, literally. Sculpts, paint, all that. The second book didn't show so much of the sculpts. I think there's like one picture of the blade-gauntlet sculpt. The AVP:R book doesn't have as many pictures as the first book. Either way, both are great resources, and I suggest you pick them both up if you can.

Those are both great reference books, I would recommend getting them. Also, The Monster Makers mask makers handbook by Arnold Goldman, it's a step by step guide of sculpting,molding ,casting and painting latex masks. Same principles apply to other parts.

ISBN# 0-9776870-0-7

Also there isnt 2 different versions of the books. Its just a hardcover and softcover versions of them but the books are the same.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back